Has anyone mated a Lux V with TIROS optic?

SchaqFu

Newly Enlightened
For those who want maximum throw with a Lux V LED, wouldn't it make sense to put a TIROS refracting optic in front of it, like in the Inova lights? That would go a long way towards eliminating the problem of the Lux V surface area being larger. Has anyone done that and are these lights available?

Thanks,
SchaqFu

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be really cool if someone had.. The Lux5 is commonly used for flood lights because of it's high output. With TIROS you could send a beam pretty far!

-tom

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a scarred TIROS but no Lux 5. Anyone want to spare one for beam shots?

SchaqFu

Newly Enlightened
What's the difference between the T4 and the T5 -- is it just that one is rechargable? And do they definitely use Lux V emitters? They are advertised at 4 watts each. Hasn't anyone done this at a full 5 watts/120 lumens?

-SchaqFu

Crow

Newly Enlightened
The T4 is rechargeable (Li-ion) while the T5 uses 3 cr123s. They both have the same output, finish, etc, but I read that the T5 gets 3hrs of regulated runtime as opposed to the 2 of the T4.

I am curious as well about the emitter used in the T4/5 models; my guess is that it's an underdrivin 5 watter. I wish they'd squeeze a full 120 lumens out of it if that's the case. We'll have to wait 'till the end of this month (supposedly) to see!

How does one go about getting a TIROS optic out of, say, a T3? I've tried and failed . . .

-Crow

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I was wondering... my little E1L throws the heck out of my bro's L4... If he had some optice he could outthrow me easily!

-tom