Nuwai Qiii's big brother?

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
Nuwai Qiii\'s big brother?

Hey all - I have a new Nuwai Qiii and I am VERY impressed and am looking for something a bit bigger to carry in my bag. I like the Nuwai's fit and finish and who can argue with the price and the light function (for a relative "flashlight-newb".)

I am interested in the Qiii's big brother - if there is such a thing. I have looked and the ALX-352L looks like the ticket. Any thoughts and or considerations I should put into this before getting one? They are around $80 on advancemart and I think that's the best place to get it.

Thanks for the input.
David

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nuwai Qiii\'s big brother?

QIII's mother? They're supposed to be cool, check around in the BST and you might be able to find a decent deal on one. .

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 of the ALX-352L's. I have found them to be good versatile lights. I've found their performance to be pretty much as described at Flashlightreviews. Its 3 power settings allow excellent flexibility. I just use it mainly on the middle power ssetting for routine stuff. When I need more, I just bump it up. You can't really go wrong.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am

I have one of these ALX's. Three light output settings, plus flashing mode contained in one unit is quite impressive. Fairly rugged construction. However, possible downside is light can get very warm or hot if left on for awhile in high power mode.

Suggest you search a bit more for the best deal on this light. Try Google web search (I often get excellent results using Google), and try eBay. I got my light from EliteLED, btw.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

Search for "mother" and you'll find threads about this. Somebody was advertising a light that looks identical to the Q3 but longer to hold 2 cells. Nuwai makes a variety of lights- for a bigger light I like the TM115 but it isn't styled exactly like the Q3.

The Streamlight TL-2 LED strikes me as being similar to the Q3, meaning nicely styled and slim, but holds 2 cells and the latest version of the TL-2 has very good light output.

CESDewar

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Sproles said:
I am interested in the Qiii's big brother - if there is such a thing. I have looked and the ALX-352L looks like the ticket.

Also look at the Nuwai TM116X Black Turbo which you can get from SurefireParts for $59.95. I run this with the R123 rechargeables from battery station and it cranks out a lot more lumens than the QIII from a light that is not that much bigger than the QIII (think of QIII except 1 1/4" longer and with that 1 1/4" supporting a 1.6" wide bezel).

Ny0ng1

Enlightened

if you are ready to spend $80 for the bigger nuwai. I strongly suggest you spend another $20 to get a PM6 3watt HAIII version from batterystation.com
Hard anodized, better reflector, 2cr123, 3watt led /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif