528 LEDs!

Saaby

Flashaholic
He he...now I have to go read the review of that vehicle in Car and Driver.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Probably 528. Just got done reading the article, that's one amazing car, and amazingly expensive too!

How much you wanna bet that the owners of those $300,000 Maybach's are still using MAG lights?
tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by RonM:
[QB]From Popular Science, January 2003, pg. 17:

... to pack 58 of them ino the Maybach's rear. ...QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">He is right in some respect, but in the issuei have here (january 2003, pg. 17) it is 528 LEDS. For clerification purposes, that is five hundred and twenty eight LED lights.

well for me that is like haveing 176 of my little minimag adapters taped together (obviously spacing would be different) i like the idea
smile.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once built a lighting fixture as a prototype using 525 Red/Orange "Spiders"; it was **INCREDIBLY** bright, but only took about 75w

It was able to cast a wonderfull beam on the stage, but the company didn't think it being a usefull product, so it was trashed

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashed? As in dismantled or as in destroyed? If it's dismantled... say.... I believe you could somehow share the booty?
grin.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Popular Science, January 2003, pg. 17:

LEDs are nothing new in tailights, but Mercedes managed to pack 528 (corrected) of them ino the Maybach's rear. Just for fun, brake at night and watch the car behind you alight like it's on fire.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by JackBlades:
CCW, what kind of forum name is THAT??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's an acronym for the way Elmer Fudd says that band's name...

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was laid off in Jan; I don't know what they did with the prototype

I once sent an email asking for the prototype; didn't hear anything back

Unfort; they didn't think LEDs had any use for lighting, not going to say what I think of upper management.