whats the best way to take moon pics? with digital

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i keep trying but they look odd. i tryied this one with apature of 4.0 shutter speed of 1/125 and iso 64 12 x zoom
moon.jpg

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
this looks pretty good!

try using lowest ISO and highset apature your camera permits and slower shutter speeds.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice shot, Raggie. That's way better than anything I've come up with. Might try again tonight. Did you hand-hold that shot?

Geoff

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: whats the best way to take moon pics? with dig

Use a tripod or something solid to rest the camera on and set it to take a picture on a timer. Plus what they said above.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, that's not too bad. Mine is somewhat similar in nature at 320mm which is the highest my zoom will go. I used a tripod and tried all sorts of different settings until I found the one I liked. In my particular case I kept the aperture locked at F8 as that is the sweet spot for the lens and played with the shutter speed. You really need a nice telescope with a camera mount.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
all crud move is direclt above now. cant use tripod i did use it in the pic above.but i cant use it when it points up at this angle

paulr

Flashaholic

1) The moon is an object in bright sunlight, so expose as such, 1/ISO at f/16, i.e. 1/100th if your ISO setting is 100.

2) Use a very heavy, sturdy tripod, not some wimpy tripod.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

now its changed to lighting lol we are haveing some odd weather but sadly i cant see lighting thru clouds i can but it just lights up the whole cloud lol may make cool pic though