Cool Mag-style keychain light

LEDhed

Newly Enlightened
Saw these the other day at Target, and hadn't seen them mentioned. They are satin-finish metal, look very well-made. They're shaped a lot like a mini-mag, but is only about 2 inches long - a Mag Solitaire is huge compared to this light. Sorry, it's not on their web site, or I'd post a link.

They have a single 5 mm white LED and use what the package describes as a "lithium-tube" battery that is supposed to last for 20 hours. I'm not sure if it is replaceable or not.

The "big" end is about 7 mm in diameter, and the body is about 5 mm around. There's a metal ring on the tail end. I assume it is twist-on, twist-off. It's a little pricy at $10, but I almost bought one just because it is so small. They are in the camping section.

-LEDhed

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi LEDhed,
I think you're talking about this light:
micro-lenser.jpg

It is called a Micro-lenser, made by <a href="http://www.led-lenser.com/" target="_blank">Zweibrüder
</a>.

Oh, before I forget, welcome to CPF!
winkie.GIF

LEDhed

Newly Enlightened
Yep, that's the one!

Thanks for the welcome - I mostly lurk, but post from time to time. I found my way here by searching Google for info on LED flashlghts - saw some on my son's scout campout and wanted one. I've since gotten a Streamlight 4AA that I like a lot, but am eyeing some of those luxeon lights... trying not to go too crazy with this flashlight thing!
smile.gif

-LEDhed

B@rt

Flashaholic
The only color for the micro-lenser is red.

Since it uses a (very small) single 3V lithium battery, white & bright would not be possible.
frown.gif

Batteries are simular to those found in lighted floats.

Here is a pic of the light compared to an Arc AAA:

TAD-Gear

Edited

LEDhed

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, maybe I just assumed it was - I'll have to look at it more closely the next time I'm over there.

-LEDhed