NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: How does the e1e compare to the e2e?

Unenlightened

Default How does the e1e compare to the e2e?

Are the beams about the same brightness or is the e2 brighter? Are the only differences the number of batteries it takes and the run-time? Thanks for your time.

-DC2

Default Re: How does the e1e compare to the e2e?

The E2e should be way brighter. Also, seeing pictures on the internet doesn't really give you a feel of how small it is. That thing is tiny!

Unenlightened

Would any of you recommend the e1? I'm trying to get a brighter/compact light than a friend's Brinkmann Legend LX. Thanks.

-DC2

To get brighter than the legend lx, you would have to get a 6p with p61 LA

Flashaholic*

Originally posted by Diamond Cut II:
    Would any of you recommend the e1?
    -DC2
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No. I have used both the E1e and the E2e. The E1e is TOO SMALL for my hands.

Size matters. The E1e is too big to bounce around in the bottom of your pants pocket so you have to use the clip. If you are going to use the clip you might as well have the superior throw of the E2e.

The E2e is just 1-1/4" (3cm) longer than the E1e, but it is easier to operate with one hand using the momentary switch. IMHO, of course.---Marc

If your talking about them with stock lamp assemblies:

E1e: 15 lumens
    E2e: 60 lumens

If your talking about them having the KL1 LED bezel attached, then they are both about 16-17 lumens.

Unenlightened

Thanks for the info guys. I was lookin around and noticed there are two versions of the E1: the E1 and the E1e. Are there any differences between these two or does the E1e just have a better coating? Last question I promise . Thanks.

-DC2

Flashaholic*

If you're friend has a Brinkmann LX, I don't know how impressed he'll be with your E2/E2e. My brinkmann is brighter than my E2, regardess of which batteries are in it, and it can focus down to a tighter spot. It's a nice light, but if you're trying to outdo your friend, he might just laugh at how much more you spent to get the same amount of light

Stick a G2 or C2 bezel on an E2e with a 120 lumen P61 and you can race your friend for pink slips. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

- Don

McGizmo speaks wise words oh Diamond Cut one from Houston.

What he's really saying is go to the Sandwich Shop and buy one of the adapters that allows the use of P60/61 lamps and bezel assemblies on the E2 or E2e.

I bought one last week and it's well worth the $29. If you do as Don suggested, your friend with the LX won't know what hit him. You can always swap out the larger assembly and use the standard one for the E2e.

Unenlightened

My E2e is due shortly. I can't wait to get it in my hands. I'll definitly let ya know what I think of it.

Unenlightened

So what you're really saying is: I should buy a G2 Nitrolon Combat or a G2 Nitrolon-6v which both come with P60/61 lamp assemblies(costs less [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) and that'll outdo my friend? Thanks again for your time.

-DC2

Diamand Cut II,

What I'm really saying is that a trip to the Mod section will be rewarding. There is thread on the adapter that can show you just what's possible.

Although it fits the adapter, I think the plastic bezel on the metal body looks kinda goofy. The really cool bezels are, IMHO, the black M2 even though it isn't very compact, and the C series. The C series isn't too big for the E2e.

Pyrex is really useful because the P61 will generate some heat. Several CPFers have reported distorted LAs using the P61 on a lengthy basis with the Lexan lense. Think Pyrex young man.

The adapter with the P61 will make shame the LX especially at distance and in the volume of area lit up.

Flashaholic*

With the advent of the KL1, My E1 head is now absolutely useless. Wish they made the E1 with the KL1 head as a stock item. There was a time when I thought the E2 was a mighty bright light. It is still a mighty fine light with an awesome beam but both the Legend LX and Princeton Tec Surge are brighter.

Flashaholic

I can't compare to the Brinkman, but I would definitely go with the E2e over the E1e. The E1e has the same head and tail assembly as the E2e, but a shorter middle section (one CR123 battery, instead of two in the E2e). With the E2e you get much brighter light and a size that fits the hand better. Of course, it burns batteries faster.

Unenlightened

Thank you all for all your help. Now realizing that money is scarce, it would be smarter to buy the e1 with the P60/61 adapters. Although I cannot find them on www.1sks.com . Thank you all once again for your help. Much appreciated,

-DC2

DC2,

Sorry if I confused you. The adapters were something that a few CPFers came up with. Here's the link so you can read how it was done and what the possible bezel combinations look like. The adapter is a high zoot part! E series bezel adapter

If money is a concern, Get a G2 for about $30 and a P61 LA for about $16. That will outshine your friends LX.

Flashaholic

diamondII
    i got a very nice pic of beam shots of those 2 SFs

email me, and i will send it to you.
    since the pic is quite large enough. 607KB.
    (i have tried to minimized it, but this is the best resolution i got i think)

hope this help you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi kalengkong,

you can post pics using ImageStation, I've posted a tutorial here: How to post pictures.

You can also mail it to me, and I'll post it for you.

Hope this helps,

Flashaholic

Diamond Cut II,
    I carry an E1 everyday; back pocket, along-side wallet. It IS small, and almost un-noticeable in my pocket. That's why I like it. It'll run for about 75 minutes. It's more than bright enough for almost any need from close-up to 20-30 feet away. I just may try the KL1 head someday, but for now I am very satisfied. The E2 and 6P are just too big to carry in my pocket, IMHO; I'd want to use a holster, and I get ribbed enough at work and by friends for carrying ANY flashlight, much less where it would show. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Kirk

DC2,

I was a little diverted by the adapter but as I can see, the question is which of the E series is better.

I have the E1, E2, E1e and the E2e along with the KL1 LA. That said, I really like the E2e because it fits my hand well and provides an incredible amount of light for a small size. But for EDC I really like the E1e and KL1.

I find that the E1e is just a little too small to fit comfortably in my hand. I don't have big hands and the light seems lost every time I pick it up. Adding the KL1 provides just enough extra length for a perfect fit.

Between them I'd suggest the E2e for the power and the ability to add different LAs or even the KL1. I find that it doesn't fit very well in the front pocket of a business suit or casual dress clothes. It's belt carry only.

The E1 and KL1 fit much better, provide just as much, but different, light that the standard E1 LA. In your pocket it doesn't take up any more volume than your car keys.

Hope this helps instead of confuses.

I have to agree with V8TOYOTATRK, when I got my
    E1e and opened the box I was really astonished,
    I had never expected it to be so tiny and it looks just so cute! yeah it could be too small to
    feel comfortable in the hand. I'll sure get a kl1
    to make it up.

Flashaholic

I have an E2e/KL1 combo and I'm really satisfied with it. However being a true flashaholic I would like to own the E1 as well. The problem is my wife is at the brink of her tolerance to my flashlight purchases. I could circumvent the problem by buying an E1 body (which technically is not a flashlight purchase) and use my E2e tailcap and heads.

Does anyone know where to buy an E1 body? I did not see them on the Surefire website.

Unenlightened

I'm planning to get an Arc AAA std. and was just wondering if this was as good as the SF E1. If it is, then I don't see any need for the E1. Also, is the X5T as bright/brighter than the E1? Thanks.

-DC2

Flashaholic

DC II,

I forget exactly where it is in the archives (maybe someone can help?), but it is a really simple mod to replace the lamp assembly in the Brinkmann LX with a Surefire P61 (120 lumen) lamp assembly. All it takes is the purchase of the LA. When complete, it even looks OEM. Since the P61 lamp assembly also includes the reflector attached, you will get exactly the same light as if it came from the more expensive Surefires.

You could buy an LX ($20) and a P61 LA ($20), and challenge your friend with a much better example of his own "wimpy" light. Just for fun, of course.

Flashaholic

Try here -&gt; http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/mods/legendlx_p60.htm

I've been thinking of this one also.

-Chris

DC2,

I carry an E1e and ARC AAA as EDC. The ARC is on my key ring, and the E1e is clipped to an ankle rig that carries spare ammunition and a couple of other things. I agree that the E1 is too big for most pockets, and if you're going to belt-carry, an E2 makes more sense.

But for my particular situation, the E1 is ideal. The ARC AAA gets used most, for poking around in the car (I go to work at zero-dark thirty), finding seats in the theater, etc. I haven't pulled the E1e out, except to look at it, since I began carrying it three months ago. But it is there if (when) I need it.

I also have an E2e and a 6P. The former goes with me on my nightly walks, and the latter rides in my "war bag" that stays in my vehicle.

It's all about size, as far as I'm concerned. You're only as good as what you've got, and a fancy, expensive light on the dresser or in a desk drawer is doing you absolutely no good when you need a light.

Get the ARC AAA first. You will find that it gets used more than anything, strictly because it is convenient. And if you're planning on belt or pouch carry of a larger light, then don't putz around with an E1. The E2 is just a tad too long to be carried comfortably the way I do it. Otherwise, I would have no need for the E1.

And the only reason for paying the higher price for a SureFire is the high light output in the smallest package. If an LED system is bright enough for your needs, and size isn't critical, save yourself some BIG bucks and get an OpaLec/Mini-Mag combo. I've got one of those too. Neat deal; and once I'm retired, that will probably become my EDC light.

Steve

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Diamond Cut II--This would probably get more action in the Incan forum.