How does the e1e compare to the e2e?

Diamond Cut II

Newly Enlightened
Are the beams about the same brightness or is the e2 brighter? Are the only differences the number of batteries it takes and the run-time? Thanks for your time.

-DC2

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get brighter than the legend lx, you would have to get a 6p with p61 LA

MicroE

Enlightened
Originally posted by Diamond Cut II:
Would any of you recommend the e1?
-DC2
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No. I have used both the E1e and the E2e. The E1e is TOO SMALL for my hands.

Size matters. The E1e is too big to bounce around in the bottom of your pants pocket so you have to use the clip. If you are going to use the clip you might as well have the superior throw of the E2e.

The E2e is just 1-1/4" (3cm) longer than the E1e, but it is easier to operate with one hand using the momentary switch. IMHO, of course.---Marc

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your talking about them with stock lamp assemblies:

E1e: 15 lumens
E2e: 60 lumens

If your talking about them having the KL1 LED bezel attached, then they are both about 16-17 lumens.

Diamond Cut II

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I was lookin around and noticed there are two versions of the E1: the E1 and the E1e. Are there any differences between these two or does the E1e just have a better coating? Last question I promise:) . Thanks.

-DC2

InTheDark

Enlightened
If you're friend has a Brinkmann LX, I don't know how impressed he'll be with your E2/E2e. My brinkmann is brighter than my E2, regardess of which batteries are in it, and it can focus down to a tighter spot. It's a nice light, but if you're trying to outdo your friend, he might just laugh at how much more you spent to get the same amount of light

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Stick a G2 or C2 bezel on an E2e with a 120 lumen P61 and you can race your friend for pink slips.
grin.gif

- Don

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
McGizmo speaks wise words oh Diamond Cut one from Houston.

What he's really saying is go to the Sandwich Shop and buy one of the adapters that allows the use of P60/61 lamps and bezel assemblies on the E2 or E2e.

I bought one last week and it's well worth the $29. If you do as Don suggested, your friend with the LX won't know what hit him. You can always swap out the larger assembly and use the standard one for the E2e.

Diamond Cut II

Newly Enlightened
So what you're really saying is: I should buy a G2 Nitrolon Combat or a G2 Nitrolon-6v which both come with P60/61 lamp assemblies(costs less
smile.gif
) and that'll outdo my friend? Thanks again for your time.

-DC2

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Diamand Cut II,

What I'm really saying is that a trip to the Mod section will be rewarding. There is thread on the adapter that can show you just what's possible.

Although it fits the adapter, I think the plastic bezel on the metal body looks kinda goofy. The really cool bezels are, IMHO, the black M2 even though it isn't very compact, and the C series. The C series isn't too big for the E2e.

Pyrex is really useful because the P61 will generate some heat. Several CPFers have reported distorted LAs using the P61 on a lengthy basis with the Lexan lense. Think Pyrex young man.

The adapter with the P61 will make shame the LX especially at distance and in the volume of area lit up.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the advent of the KL1, My E1 head is now absolutely useless. Wish they made the E1 with the KL1 head as a stock item. There was a time when I thought the E2 was a mighty bright light. It is still a mighty fine light with an awesome beam but both the Legend LX and Princeton Tec Surge are brighter.

alberto

Enlightened
I can't compare to the Brinkman, but I would definitely go with the E2e over the E1e. The E1e has the same head and tail assembly as the E2e, but a shorter middle section (one CR123 battery, instead of two in the E2e). With the E2e you get much brighter light and a size that fits the hand better. Of course, it burns batteries faster.

Diamond Cut II

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for all your help. Now realizing that money is scarce, it would be smarter to buy the e1 with the P60/61 adapters. Although I cannot find them on www.1sks.com . Thank you all once again for your help. Much appreciated,

-DC2

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
DC2,

Sorry if I confused you. The adapters were something that a few CPFers came up with. Here's the link so you can read how it was done and what the possible bezel combinations look like. The adapter is a high zoot part! E series bezel adapter

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
If money is a concern, Get a G2 for about $30 and a P61 LA for about $16. That will outshine your friends LX.

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
diamondII
i got a very nice pic of beam shots of those 2 SFs

email me, and i will send it to you.
since the pic is quite large enough. 607KB.
(i have tried to minimized it, but this is the best resolution i got i think)

hope this help you.
smile.gif

Latest posts