Peak LED Solutions - new Info from phone discussio

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got off the phone with Peak LED solutions. While checking on an order I placed with them I got into a discussion on some upcoming lights. It sounds like they have some really great lights coming out soon. The 1 watt Luxeon Star that is mentioned on their web site should be in a first run very soon. And a 5 watt will probably follow soon. I can't quote exact numbers on output but in comparing them to an Arc 4+ they sounded extremely impressive (an output well more than double might be safe to say). They are also working on a continuously variable output version that will probably use a potentiometer to control the regulator circuit from very low to full output power (not stepped but continuous). It sounds also like they have some very good quality switches for the upcoming versions and plans for a hi/low power switch in addition to standard on/off switches. Also mentioned was a tiny ~ 2.6" version using the CR2 and I would not want to quote the output on this one either but it was impressive as well as runtime sounded very good for the little CR2. I don't have any association with Peak but just wanted to let everyone know what I gathered from this conversation with the very friendly people at Peak. One more thing I also wouldn't want to be specific about was price on the 1 watt but I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info matrixshaman. I have (and enjoy) several Peak lights. But I always liked the old LL Bean saying, "We sell steak, not sizzle."

Hopefully, we'll actually see some steak soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My impression was the person I talked to was excited that they were finally getting some of the LS's into production - at least the first run of 50 I believe. Again I don't want to put out false expectations but it sounded like some would go out next week to testers or people they have involved in their company - possibly some flashaholics they know also.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Peak LED Solutions - new Info from phone discu

Excellent!
The Peaks I used in Iraq all worked perfectly, the SL Luxeon Jrs burned the switches out (very, very, very hard and abusive night shift use) Now to see what kind of goodies Peak has in store for us.