Surefire E2E lamp life?

Vortex

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking into buying a Surefire E2e. I would like to know how many hours can you get from the standard bulb. Also what is the lumen maintenance of this lamp like?
I'm trying to decide between a Pelican M6, Streamlight Scorpion and E2e. The Peli M6 states 200Hr+ lamp life but the other products do not specify, I don't care about the Scorpion because replacement bulbs are $7.99 CDN but surefire replacemnt bulbs are $30-45 and I don't wanna have to replace $30+ bulb every couple of battery changes. I don't think I will go for the M6 because it is quit large compared to the other two.

Thank You

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire seems to under rate the life of the bulbs. Um, personally, there's the 30 lumen bulb from Surefire for the e2e that really is very bright and has a great 2 hour run-time. And for size, how can you beat the e2e? It's just a beautiful light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MN03 is $17 from SureFire.com

Even so, the generally accepted rating is about 25+ hours. However, I have never had a SureFire Lamp die of old age before 25 hours and I have never had an MN03 die of old age since exceeding 25 hours (although this is only one Lamp Assembly since 25 hours is a long time and I've long since moved on to different lights).

I'm not sure that the PM6 rating is realistic. 50 hours seems a long time. 200 hours is a lot of use without a doubt!
I'm not sure anybody here has evidence either way. I admit that unlike the Scorpion, the PM6 and E2e don't seem to have short lifespan lamps.

Al

Steve C

Enlightened
Interesting question.

I have a 6P, purchased in 1990. While I have no clue just how many hours of run-time this light has on it, it is a bunch. It lived with me daily, on the road, on the range, and in my SWAT vest, until a heart attack in 2001 knocked me out of the saddle. It has seen sporadic use since then; but when I was running the firearms unit from '93 to '98 I was going through four or more batteries a week. We do lots of dim-light training.

My point is, all of this has been on the original lamp assembly. The light is rather beat-up and ratty looking, but still has that original P60 and still lights up the world, so to speak.

I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it. When anyone I'm around expresses amazement at the cost of SureFires, I show it to them and say; "THAT'S why they cost so much; they last forever."