PentagonLight

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
There seems to be very little information on this company and their products!? I am particularly interested in their L2 1W series flashlights (including the colored models) with a 1 watt luxeon LED.

Has anyone got a L2 1W model? What are your thoughts on it's build, feel, weight, and light output?

Also, what is PentagonLight customer service like? Are they quick with order shipping?

Thanks.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
ther're kind of vapor wareish, some people say they have one of there lights but i have not seen pics produced. i have not dealt with this company so i cannot coment on cust service. maybe you can email them to test out their cust service

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
They originally came onto the scene as Pentalight about a year or so ago but the lights never came. The have began shipping lights for a couple of months. I have a couple of the xenon lights already and the quality is pretty good. I still prefer my sure fire. The pentagon shape seems kinda bulky to me. The 6volt xenon is about M2 size and 6P power. They also do not have a pocket clip. I have a LED on order to see what it is like that hopefully will be here soon. They have some cool ideas for LED combo lights that seem inspired by the aviator. I've talked to them several times and they seem pretty friendly but have not had an issue with the light to try out the warranty yet.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
OK here is a quick photo of the Pentagon Light X2. Its the Xenon version but it give you an idea of the size. The black light is a G2

vaperware.jpg

meeshu

Enlightened
Thanks for your comments folks!

Hmmm! It seems that PentagonLights appear to be a bit bulky, and similar in appearance to SF's.

OK. How long does (did) it take for the lights to be received after ordering? One week? One month? I'm very keen to know this particular aspect!

The main attraction I have for the PentagonLights is they're offering colored luxeons!

I look forward to further comments regarding PentagonLights LED flashlights!

Thanks!

Mark2

Enlightened
A search will bring up quite a bit of information. Here's a thread with some info:

PentagonLights

The Luxeon models are not out yet. If you're looking for a colored 1W, the SF L1 is available with colored LEDs. (Might be hard to get, though...)

meeshu

Enlightened
Thanks. Actually, I found the above thread after a search prior to starting this thread.

So, the 1W luxeon models are still not available!? How do you know this (for sure)?

I'm not too keen on SF's, primarily because of their high(er) price, and frequent mis-match in component colors.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
I know the 19 head LED is available but I'm pretty sure none of the Luxeons have been released. At least no one I know has any of them in hand yet.

PoppyGoddess

Newly Enlightened
How is Pentagon a vaporware when people have been selling them and I have one? The one I have is a X2. It is without any doubt brighter than Surefire P60 bulb on 6P-offspring lights, and the runtime is about the same. It is very easy to tell the difference even by eyeball. Worksmanship is better than most Surefire lights that I have. The bulb assembly is isolated from the battery compartment so the batteries will not bang against the bulb. It looks different than Surefire's design. The feedbacks I got from my tactical customers are that Surefire's isolated bezel design still has problems with recoil while they've not had any problems with that Pentagon design for months now.

meeshu

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
meeshu said:
I sent an email to PentagonLights a couple of hours ago regarding the 1W L2. It should be interesting what PentagonLight have to say about their L2 models.

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally received a response to my second email. The L2 (and other Luxeons?) are expected to commence shipping in April.
I've ordered two L2's for now.