What do you have in your Mini-Mag?

L

led_replacement

What led replacement bulb are you using in your AA or AAA Mini-Mag? The TerraLUX TLE-5 is a 1 watt Luxeon side-emitter
The Tektite LT-1 is a 3mm Nichia ground on the top so it acts like a side-emitter. Runtime on the TLE-5 is 6 or 7 hours.
The Runtime on the LT-1 is 15 hours. What other led replacements are you using in your Mini-Mag?
led_replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Badboy 500mA current regulator driving an R2H Luxeon LED with Kroll tailswitch, mineral glass lens, mag head adapter for shock absorbtion and dual-layer heatshrink formed as a tail guard.

I have two of them, one as a bicycle helmet light and the other for work.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I only have 3 (1 from when Mag introduced it) and I rarely use them. They all now have MJLEDs in them. (Forgive me Wayne,(!) but I have better things to put your boards in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine?
MM+ (unknown bin)
MiniMiniMag (blue WHOO my favorite color)
kroll

Most importantly, it was made from the generosity and kindness of fellow CPF members.

ob1

Newly Enlightened
Terrelus ministar 2 and soon to have a BB400

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have mini and mini mini mags all over the place. At $8 each, it's hard not to just pick one up whenever you see them.

As for sandwiches:

NexGen350/TX1J
NexGen667/TX1J
BadBoy400/VYOT
MM+/TXOJ
MM+/Royal Blue Lux III

And a few more that I can't think of right now. All of my mini mags are sporting McR20 reflectors.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got two MM's with terralux ministar2's, and maybe try the high dome when it's out, but to be honest I got so many nicer, brighter smaller light's now(SF E1e, E1L, E2d, ARC LSH-P, and my main EDC at the moment, two KL-1/Vital Gear FB-1's with a HDS basic 60 enroute)
I just don't use the mini's anymore. I keep one in my mini bugout bag (Man purse) for a backup, but don't see the
raeson to make a super mag with a killer sammie/kroll etc.
I would rather make a FF2 if i went into the higher end lux module's. but that's me...VDG

Ralf

Enlightened
I have several MiniMags, one kept original (it was my first
"proper" flashlight back in the 90th :) ...)

black MiniMag: BB400/McFlood/Kroll/Mineralglas
red MiniMag: MM+/Q2 bin/NX05/glowpowder mod
black MiniMag: Opalec New Beam/ glowpowder mod
orange MiniMag: Opalec New Beam/ glowpowder mod
black MiniMag: incan with OutTec FlashlightTuner at tail

Cheers
Ralf

auriga

Newly Enlightened
I only have two standard MiniMags but i'm on the waiting list for one of Lambdas MiniPro pills. For the other one i'm looking for something less bright with longer runtime that will take Nimh AA:s.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
camo mmag - Lambda MiniPro III kit w/ TX1J
black mmag - MiniPro clone w/ TW0J
red mmag (wife's) - MiniPro clone w/ TW0J

I made the clones for fun. Lambda designed a little gem with these.

Paul

Edited for changes to minimag config.

Steve C

Enlightened
I'm with Greg. Unless you enjoy modding for the sake of modding (which is perfectly normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), there are too many other, superior lights available over-the-counter; or through the mail. I mean, why pay fifty bucks- plus the cost of the MM- for a sandwich, when you can get a QIII for less?

My two Mini-Mags have Opa-Lec NewBeams and Kroll tail switches. One stays in the war bag; the other is on my work bench and is used daily. It is, IMO, the perfect general-purpose/putzing around light.

Like all of us here, I have many different flashlights, each with a distinct purpose. A 6P/KL3/Z49 and its stash of partially-depleted 123s is my main around-the-house light; but I find myself reaching for that Mini-Mag on the bench most often, especially when working on my models.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Mini-MiniMag and MiniMag that share one of Lambda's Mini-Pro TWOJ modules. I swap it back and forth. Chop made it up for me.

Britt

paulr

Flashaholic
Generic 3mm led direct drive, with lithium batteries for enough voltage to light the thing. Runtime should be insane (weeks nonstop).

I agree with those who say it's not worth modding these things any more unless you're just doing it for the sake of modding. There are lots of much better lights around.