HDS EDC clip

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
How tight is this clip?

If I put it on my belt, will I have to worry about it slipping off if bumped?

If I clip it inside my pants pocket, will I have to worry about it slipping out when I sit down?

I can't do lanyards while I work. I can't risk losing a light this expensive because of a weak clip. It only has to fail once and I'm out a light.

Jeff

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have mine yet so I can't answer,and i prefer lanyard's but if it's a safety hazard even if tucked in a shirt pocket,(i mention this just in case you haven't done that before, it slip's some people's minds that wear a shirt with a pocket)
I would say a nice pouch/holster that has a flap over the light and a velcro back loop so if you don't ware a belt it could be put through a belt loop or anything on your person that you could hook it to. VDG

trivergata

Enlightened
I've tried mine, and the included clip is made of stainless steel, which is too soft and bends too easily. It does not hold well, but when I contacted Henry, he told me that they were aware of the problem, and would be making the clips out of spring steel soon, which would make a world of difference. I just took the clip off of a Spyderco knife that I don't carry, and made a spacer to mount it. I've been carrying it that way for about a week, on my belt, and even though I feel the need to check for it every few minutes or so, it's stayed put really well. If it starts to loosen, you can remove the clip and re-bend it into shape - I have to do this from time to time with my knives when I hook the clip on something and bend it out. As soon as I can get the new clip for it, that will be my choice.
Josh