Highest output LED light(s) on 2AA rechargeables?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Run time of a minimum of 30 minutes, not as critical since I'd be using rechargeable NiMh. I'd prefer a nice balance of throw and spill similar to the Streamlight Jr. Lux for gerneral use, but also include the real throwers and real spillers - remember now I'm only interested in lights with total output => to Streamlight Jr. Lux, no others need apply.

For the fun of it, lets include both stock manufacurer's lights and custom lights. Please include price range for all lights and a source for custom lights.

Let the fun begin!

Hockeymoose

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I highly recommend an Aleph 1 (NEXGEN 500, 700, 914)in combination with the UHB battery holder!
Very good throw and plenty of output in a price rage for about 200 bucks. Source is of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Mcgizmo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Hokeymoose. I didn't find that UHB battery holder on Mcgismo's web site - is it 2AA?

Any other contenders?

BillRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I'm also looking for just such a light. At work, I only use my flashlight about 10-15 minutes a day, and I can swap out batteries every night, I'm looking for something really bright. I have a 1 W lux for my mini-mag, but I'd like to find a 5 W drop in if that is possible.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I to conclude from the lack of response to this post that there are no 2AA LED lights that have => ouput to the Streamlight Jr. Lux on 2AA rechargeables? That the Jr. Lux is the output king /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif on 2AA rechargeables? I expected some other offerings. Come on, what's out there? Show me what you've got. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry L.O., I missed this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr.Bulk VIP with BulkHead and 2xAA body (2500mah Sanyos).

It beats many 6V 2x123 Luxeon III lights.

Britt

standard.jpg

standard.jpg