Inova T3 and unprotected R123s

tinkerfy

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys..

Just bought a T1 and using it with a R123.. seems to be working fine..
Getting a T3 soon and wondering if its safe to use 2xR123 with it..
Is that ok?

Thanks.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering the same thing as I am just now thinking about using rechargeables. Thank you for asking the question. While we are waiting for the answer from an expert, do you see a difference in brightness with your T1? How long does it run?

tinkerfy

Newly Enlightened
T1 with R123 is brighter than using CR123..
probably cos its overdriven..
have not checked the runtime, but i estimate it to be about 50-60 minutes.. probably less.. but good enuf for me if using R123s.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come on guys, give me some feedback, my T3 is arriving in 3-4 days.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO NOT put 3.7 VOlt 123s in the INOVAs.

T1: will be hardly overdriven. Electronics will fail in the long term.

T2: (some of them) may actually keep into regulation. Other will be prone to fail, depending on the LED.

T3: The driver transistor will fail immediately as soon you turn the light on.

Anthony

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had bare cells more than a year ago and but some out here as Beta a beta test. The company that made these at first did not follow my directions on these and told me I did not need all the features in the batteries that I requested.

Potential safety issues is why I was not selling them more than a year ago. They can be used safetly if you know what you are doing but they are not a consumer product. Thats why as soon as I got the bare cells I started working on having protected cells created.