New KL1 specs?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Maybe I just ignored the instructions on my first KL1, but the second one which just arrived says:

"The KL1 will operate using 3 or 6 volt batteries"

Surefire said the KL1 could operate on 9v. This was confirmed by PK. Is this just an omision, or is there a problem at 9v? I know I'm not the only one who planned to use Doug Speck's UBH to make an E3+KL1.

PURPLE BEAM:

I was disappointed to see that the beam of my second KL1 was as intensely purple as the first one. By no stretch of the imagination can this be considered a "white" beam. It is bloody well purple. I don't like it, my girlfriend doesn't like it, my friends don't like it, even my dog wouldn't like it (if I had a dog).

Sorry to rant but I'm feeling frustrated. SF made a point of stating that their LEDs are "hand selected", which means they are purposely selecting these purple beauties because they tend to be brighter than the others.

How many of us have received KL1's with at least a reasonalbly white beam?

Brightnormn

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of my KL1s have had those same instructions.
Since SureFire doesn't make a 9V host for the KL1 there was probably no need to mention the option and confuse people.
As to color my second KL1 was whiter than my first but still fairly purple.

Termac

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first K1. It is very bright, perfectly centered, with a bluish hot spot in a white beam. Very much like a nice Nichia made 50 times brighter. Also just got an ArcLS2 Blem. It is not bright and is a sickly green from the center spot to the edges. If I could show you this green LS2, you wouldn't mind your purple K1 so much.
bluesigh.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Darkaway:
My KL1 is whiter (and brighter) than my Reactor, my Arc sLS, and both of my Badboys. Luck of the draw?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll be happy to trade draw luck with you!

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by GJW:
Since SureFire doesn't make a 9V host for the KL1 there was probably no need to mention the option and confuse people....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Makes sense

Brightnorm

llvo

Enlightened
Hi Brightnorm, my KL3 gives purple beam, too
icon15.gif

but the output is definately more than my 2-D M*g and Inova X5T
icon3.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
Just got my KL1 tonight and it's fairly white, maybe a tinge of purple. Nothing to note on my part though. Probably would have said it's white except for this post and comparing it to my Arc LS. Nice light. look forward to the UBH
tongue.gif