do ya watch what ya eat?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol not me if it taste good i will eat it.i mean they change the rules daily.my mom was a health nut. i mean she was to the extreme and she died in her 50.s.so cook my chciken in lard. give me whole milk put reaL butter on my biscuits . leave the egg how it is bacon to please

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
er um no, I'm a cheesehead, in the land of beef and cheese, if I watched what I ate, I would be suspect and reported to the FBI.

Atkins reported that real butter was better than the hydrogenated margarine that supposedly was healthier. He was correct too, hydrogenated oils are dangerous. Eh, so is butter, just not quite as bad.

so, meat, cheese (of course) and a little veggies every once in a while.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on the Wendy's diet right now. I've lost about 30lbs in the last few months...eating cheeseburgers at Wendy's about 4 times a week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Most of that is from drinking 1 can of mountain dew a day rather than 4 or 5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Maybe Wendy's will hire me to be the new spokesman and show everyone how my pants don't fit anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's like the guy on the "Supersize Me" movie. He ate about 10,000 McDonalds burgers yet was thin as a rail. His reasoning,..."I never eat the fries,..."

theepdinker

Enlightened
Yeah I watch what I eat, very carefully.
If I didn't watch it I couldn't shoot it.

Actually, I watch it from my plate to my mouth.

Theepdinker

Leeoniya

Enlightened
EDIT: WOW, i type too slowly, lol. and i guess i'm not too original either.

i watch what I eat. I watch it go all the way from my plate, or my hands, into my mouth. I eat probably twice a day and not too much usually. I munch all day though. i dont think i can go without eating an apple or wheat thins, or baby carrots. I'm not much for junk food. I eat a lot of soups, ramen noodles, salads, fish sometimes, a lot of chicken. lots of sandwiches. not mcdonalds or wendy's burgers.

fore

Newly Enlightened
Hey raggie, if you want something really sick, try pan frying bread in the leftover bacon fat. It's the best toast in the world and is my absolute favorite. People are really mortified when I tell them that...I guess it's good that I leave the whole buttermilk subject untouched most of the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I worked in restaurants (large family style restaurants, not fast-food) for almost ten years when I was younger and I used to eat whatever I wanted. Typical daily caloric intake was usually around 4000 calories or more, and I never gained weight. My metabolism slowed down drastically when I was in my 20's however, and I started packing on the pounds.

I went on a diet last fall and lost 30 lbs in 3 months (from 245 to 215 lbs), but I got lazy over the holidays and the winter and I've gained back 20 of the pounds I lost. I'm back on the diet again and plan to get down to 200 lbs even (I'm 6'1") by summer. Currently I only eat food one day a week (Sunday), and then I eat whatever I want, as much as I want, but I don't stuff myself. The other 6 days a week I don't eat, I only drink. Homemade protein shake for breakfast, Slimfast and fruit juice for lunch, and watered down cream of chicken soup for supper. Every day. I still get around 1500 calories a day, and the main point is to burn off more calories than I take in. Once I get down to 200 lbs this summer, I'll still have one or two liquid meals a day, and then one or two small solid meals a day of whatever I want. The point is not to limit what kinds of food I eat, but how much.

-Keith

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to yo-yo too much between eating totally healthy and non-healthy and my weight reflects it as it will jump around 20 pounds or so either way. I kick myself in the butt for not being more disciplined, eat healthy most of the time but slip once in awhile instead of all or nothing.

Neon lights I worked in a restaurant in high school and college and could eat all I wanted. After getting done, it was several years before I could eat salads and french fries, I was so burnt out on them. No weight problems then but probably the six day a week 19 mile bike commute had something to do with that.

DarkLight

Enlightened
I am in the Body-forLife contest at my gym..

I work out 6 days a week and eat only the good stuff, except one day a week you can eat whatever, ( free day)

In 4 weeks I have lost 4 inches off my waist, gained an inch on my arms, and doubled my overall strength..

dropped 15 lbs..

8 weeks to go on a 12 week program...

Anyone else tried it?

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only things I have ate today is

9 halapeno poppers

some ice cream

a handfull of nuts

choclate cake - 2 large servings

16 ozs of coke a cola

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Yeah...I do watch what I eat....want to be sure it's pretty much dead before I eat it!.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm a vegetarian and somewhat obsessive about what I eat. I don't eat anything that you have to chase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

nethiker

Enlightened
I'm watching what we eat much more carefully since my first son was born.

I'm a chef, and know exactly why the food tastes so good at the restaurant. The reason most peoples food at home isn't as tasty is because you wouldn't add so much fat, salt and sugar as they do in the restaurants (I'm generalizing here).

Since my son was born, we are trying to set a good example and train his pallette. We give him all sorts of flavors, textures, and temperatures but we try to leave the food alone pretty much. No more butter sauce on the peas, apple sauce and yogurt on the oatmeal instead of brown sugar and butter. No more sugared soda. The candy and ice cream are giving me some trouble though. I try not to eat that in front of my son.

Fresh food is really quite good by itself. If you try to limit your seasoning and addition of fats, your sensitivity to the true flavors of food will increase and you will find yourself enjoying plain simple foods more, at least I have.

Greg

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myself, I like the macrobolic diet. So many grams of carbs, protein and fat. Nice to drink a shake and feel full.

I pretty much eat little from a range of stuff to get carbs, fat and protein, then sometimes follow it with a protein shake and a smoke. I can eat anything in front of me, a pizza, order of bread sticks and chicken sticks are not a problem, but after 2-3 slices I leave and smoke. By then I feel full.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, ha, Nascar. In your own words you are "pushing the envelope" (think of the girl pic you posted) but I thought it was funny.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler, that means you dont eat cheese, eggs and other things tha tcome from animals or just the meat? I knew a girl who was a veggie, but she could eat white meat, chickem, turkey, fish, just no beef.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
I'm a vegetarian and somewhat obsessive about what I eat. I don't eat anything that you have to chase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you dropped a head of lettice and it started to roll away from you? one would need to chase it then! LOL
I used to and tried to be a vegiterian as well, it is very hard todo. I did learn one vaulable lession, A McDonalds hamburger tastes about the same with out the meat! so the buns must be made from the same paper stock as the meat is made from!