Waiting Room

nethiker

Enlightened
Are you waiting for a light you have purchased, or perhaps for a technology that's not yet available? Welcome, have a seat and tell me all about it.

I never realized what a lesson in delayed gratification flashaholism could be. As we wait together, lets savor the sweet anticipation of what's to come. Have any pictures? What so special about ___________ that makes it worth waiting for?

I'm currently waiting on several lights.

andrewwynn is modding a little Peak brass keychain light. I was looking for a quality little light that really shines, both literally and figuratively. This project looks like it fits the bill exactly. I can't wait to get a hold on one. After many months of a well documented project, they are finally starting to ship. Way to go Andrew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

I was also looking for a BIG light, yet in an unassuming package. Something that favors impressive power over practicality. A wow light to stroke my vanity. bwaites is generously offering to build just such a light. His USL (Ultimate Stealth Light) looks awsome. The list for this light is closing soon, so if anyone wants in on a flashlight/firestarter, take a look quick. Thanks Bill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

I'm also very excited about the new LED's comming out soon. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any more LED lights until they're out. That was until Mr. Bulk announced his Li-on Cub. After several months of reading posts here on CPF, I've been lusting after one of his lights. How can you ignore comments like "work of art", "best light in my collection"? Well, I'm on the list and now waiting for another light. Mr. Bulk you da man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

The baby's awake from his nap, got to go for now. I look forward to hear about what you're waiting for.

Greg

Zigzago

Enlightened
My motto for the last 4 or 5 months has been "Take my money, please! Someone. Anyone."

I've been waiting for a Lambda MiniPro (still waiting), the andrewwynn brass Peak mod you mentioned (still waiting), the Lambda MJLED (arrived yesterday, yay!), and the TNC Keylux AA (gave up).

I bought three Infinity Ultras in December that I didn't really need out of frustration just so I could have something actually delivered.

All the above products have legitimate reasons for the delays, but it's hard when you have to wait for everything that you want.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice room,

It seems both you and I have similar tastes in flashlights (at the sametime).

-Waiting on a Lambda 1x123 mod torch from lambda (to replace the minilite that he made that I lost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif)

- 3 x Lambda MJLED Kits for my m*gs

- 2 minipro light engines

I'm also waiting on the Nano from Andrew, can't wait for this little match size torch to light up.

I'm waiting on a big light but I don't care about unassuming. So my light that's in the mail is a Mag85 3D body, AND to go with this unassuming Maglite I HAD to order a FM 3V from fivemega's group buy to give it the moster throw that a light like this needs to have.

and of course I had to get the lioncub cuz my lionheart was getting kinda lonely without it's lil brother.

But my waiting doesn't stop here, I've sent most of my lights out for either upgrade or minor "tweeking". so I am for the most part without my "trophy" lights.

- Lionheart being upgraded to V2 by george
- Custom SilverBird (not blackbird) by Jet22 is being repaired.
- N Flex being upgraded by modmag
- illuminator HD III is back with lambda for repair

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif hurry home I'm going through withdrawls

=== Motto ===
If there is a waiting line I'll find it

doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

nethiker

Enlightened
Hey Zig and Dig,

Welcome to the waiting room. I've read some about Lambda. I will definately need to look into m@g mods. I think I will try and wait for the new LED's to come out though. That should help me build up my savings agian too. I still havn't told my wife about the USL. I may have to sell one of my guns. Don't seem to shoot as much as I use to. It's more difficult with a baby in tow now.

Anyone else waiting for something out there? Come on in, tell us about it.

Greg

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if ur looking into Lambda lights his lights are hard to get, he makes small batches of mods, but boy are they BRIGHT! he uses "brinkman" flashlights for the base and the rest is all him. Total lightsaber beam in an unassuming 2AA body. GOTTA LOVE IT.

doug

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I've been waiting since July/Aug for a Blackbird from jets22! He keeps coming up with all of these wild excuses for his delay in assembly/shipping....something about a whole series of hurricanes (who ever heard of four huricans in one month?} and serious illness (I didn't hear about any IV's stuck in his arms, so he couldn't have been ALL that sick). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Hang in there "jets22"!!!! Don't do something stupid like trying to go back to work too soon. God Bless!

nethiker

Enlightened
No problem aussie,

I figured those things that are worth waiting for are worth talking about. Besides, I'm getting too excited to keep it all to myself.

You know, when I signed up for the USL, I really didn't know much about it. I follow the threads pretty close, but I don't really have the experience or the reference points to really appreciate how much light it's going to put out.

I know it's going to be a lot. And for this light a lot is good. I saw some of the beam shots of the mule compared to a thor and was very impressed. I suspect when I get the light I'm going to be blown away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can't wait. I don't get blown away so much any more. These lights can make you feel like a kid again.

Greg

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Here's my waiting list
FiveMega 9AA>3D adapter for Mug85
Aluminum reflector for same
WAO 1185 Bulbs (Fivemaega?)
Andrew Wynn Nano Nano (shasbott)
2 O-sinks for D mugs.
Modamag 8AA>2D adapter.
That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

jake359

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting for a little Streamlight keychain size that I ordered last week off the 'bay, from someone who lives just a couple of states away from me. I already got a QIII from Warren in Korea, that I ordered several days later.

Interesting the kind of service you get from different vendors!

nethiker

Enlightened
Hey Guys, welcome to the waiting room.

So what makes your lights worth waiting for...price, features, quality? While we're waiting, might as well talk them up and enjoy them as much we can before we have them in hand.

I hope you all knew about the wait before ordering. Seems like some lights take longer than expected, but most people know that there will be a wait.

I am very fortunate to come in at the end of several projects. There were a lot of people that helped get the ball rolling long before I even joined CPF. My hat's off to them.

I also think that it's amazing that many of the people who are making these lights do so in their spare time and make very little money if any at all by the time you break it down into dollars per hour invested.

Since most of these lights are not available at the store down the street, the wait for them only increases the value I will place on them. But don't take too long guys, I don't need a priceless light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greg

BlueGerbil

Newly Enlightened
I´m waiting for a SF M6 sized light in the SF-quality we are used to with HID-technology which can be used with recharables or batteries.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
At this time I am only waiting for 1: 8AA-2D from Modamag and 2: 1111, 1160 and 1185 bulbs from S4MadMan.

When the time comes, I hope I can pull the trigger on FiveMega Reflectors!!! Them move has eaten up a LOT of money!

Bradlee

Enlightened
I'm waiting for a black, Hard Anodized Micromag/Miniminimag from Reefphilic. Not his fault by any means, though, as it is the platers who are a little behind.

"So what makes your lights worth waiting for...price, features, quality?"

-->It'll be great sticking out of a regular mag sheath; will look almost stock, but then whip it out and what? Only 1/2 the size?(but brighter than stock with a madmax/badboy)

Looks like I'm not waiting for much compared to most here, but the anticipation of my first modded light (aside from a terralux'd and kroll'd minimag) is building. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif