Need Suggestions for Bulb / Battery / Host combo's

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need Suggestions for Bulb / Battery / Host combo\'s

Now that I have ordered some 3AA to D battery adaptors I am in need of how I can utilize them. I have looked all through various posts but am not certain about what kind, brand or where to get them. This is my first time with these kinds of mods.

I will using stock M@g 2D or 3D flashlights with the PR base bulb holder. I will probably also order a Borafloat lens to replace the stock M@g lens.

What PR based bulbs/Superbulbs can I use? Also, where can I purchase them? I know that some will provide more runtime than others but what choices do I have?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need Suggestions for Bulb / Battery / Host com

Mag3D (9x cells) go for Mag85
Mag2D (7x cells) go for Mag74

Those are the only one I've tried. Maybe other could suggest more info.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks modamag.
As I understand it, Mag85's and 74's are the names given to specific host/bulb/battery combinations. I am looking for more specific information such as what PR-based bulbs go with 6AA's and what PR-based bulbs go with 9AA's? What are there names and who stocks them for sale?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

WA01174 for 7 cells and WA01185 for 9 cells are the bulbs of choice.

Getting them potted into pr bases is troublesome at best.

Doing the simple mod of making a standard m*g Bi-Pin capable will do you well in the long run. As a bonus, it is WAY easy to center a Bi-Pin bulb, much harder to do a PR.

For a 6AA config. you might not instaflash a 4 cell M*g Krypton (most hardware stores, fewer BIG hardware stores), and may get a better whiter beam with a 5 cell M*g Xenon (might take a bit of searching).

For 9AA I have heard of using a KPR113 I think... but DO NOT quote me on that.

I urge you to do the Bi-Pin mod. And you'll need to stay with short runs until aluminum reflectors are available again... I run a M*gBP74 with a stock reflector and no lense right now. Short runs only!

It ain't totally cheap to play at this level. But there are guys playing with WAY more!!!

Good luck!