Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They extend service another month

• They denie me service

• Total voters

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
As one who used money from the gov for disability to live off of, I see what the problem is with socual security, the folks who work there. None of them know the rules, none of them can be contacted and they loose paper work. I found the best way to deal with them is to keep copies, fax and pay visits to the offices after making and confirming appointments. Did you know once you fill out an application that you have a job you also need to send in your pay stubs? I like it when they call and leave a message, that is if they leave one, when you go to return it the number is busy and if you call after hours a few times, the extension they give you no longer works and they do not return your calls. At least faxing, I have copies of what is sent.

Anyhoo, I was informed today that monday is my last day of service from the paratransit service. THey extended my service a month and have yet to receive my application. I gave one to my family doc and he said he sent it in before they extended my use a month. Then when that did not make it, I sent a copy to my other doc and he said he sent it in. I called the paratransit service and was put on hold for ten minutes then someone picked up the phone from hold fumbled with it and hung it up. (Surprise, Surprise). I then called the general managler, he passed the buck that the bus service handles the apps, not him.

So, any bets if they will extend my service, find my application or denie me service? I cant say I have been too happy with their service. THe past few days I worked til 315, they picked me up at 500 and took an hour and half to get me home. Nothing like working til 315 and getting home at 630 from a job less than 20 minutes away from where i live.

Latest posts