Balloominator

14C

Enlightened
These look kinda neat.

From the WWW site:
"While the LED's will last approx. 100,000 hours the batteries will produce ultra bright light for 4-6 hours and then it slowly diminishes over a 24 -48 hour period. They give a pretty good amount of light 12-16 hours before requiring a battery change. This is usually all night, unless you live really far north where it is dark for days, you should be able to enjoy your illuminated balloons the whole night through. Don't forget you can turn them off and increase their life too."

LINK

Edit:

Craig, I dropped them an email with a link to the LED Museum and they sent me a thank you email. Not sure if you'll get samples.....good luck.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
14C -

Yes, very cool.

tsao found something like those on a trip a while back and posted about them.

His post inspired me to post about using balloons as excellent diffusion devices. Naromtap posted a nice pic of the method in use. If you have an extra moment take a peek at this "Make your own BaloonLight" thread. You might want to speed-scan or skip Icebreak's initial post because I can be very wordy. Naromtap's pic says it all.

Maybe an RGB version would have a nice effect?

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
hi have been doing this for years
with leds and a batterypacks
fun as heck. even made a superglobe well actually it was 2 Garfield and Micky/Mini Mouse tied together a giant 320 LED UFO that scared the old lady across the street, lighting up completly her driveway, then took off out to destinations
: unknowns