Luxeon Bins from Future

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I was searching for info on it and found a pretty dead thread from last year on the subject, so I figured I'd try and see if it was any different with all the new announcements of the new LEDs coming this summer. What sort of bins have you received through your orders at Future? I've ordered twice, and received TYAK and TX0L bins, which isn't too bad. How about anybody else?

greenLED

Flashaholic
so, you place an order and they send you whatever they have at hand? No chances of choosing bins?

Edit: could you add a link to the difunct thread? Thx.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
But the general availability is getting better. I got a bunch of TXOKs just last week despite playing their own special brand of the "Luxeon Lottery".

smitty244

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
so, you place an order and they send you whatever they have at hand? No chances of choosing bins?

Edit: could you add a link to the difunct thread? Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

The URL is here

And I believe you can only get what you want in larger orders, and even then from what I've read you can only get 2 of the three specs: lumen output, Vf or tint. Otherwise it pretty much is a lottery. It looks as if it has been improving though, so I was just curious as to whether others have been receiving any good bins lately. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts