Cool illusion!

scuba

Enlightened
Here's what seems to be a very cool optical illusion. A better known one using the same principle is
the hollow face illusion. I was just wondering if the little dragon one works as well in real life
as it does on the video. I can't verify it since my printer is not working for some obscure reason.

If anyone could check it out and download the PDF file and print and try it it would be great! I'm very
curious! You should watch the video link on the page first.

So here the link:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/dragon.htm

And if you're interested here's the original hollow face one:

http://www.grand-illusions.com/hollowface.htm

Waiting to hear some reports...

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm gonna try that on Monday (better quality printer and paper at work)

Thanks for the link - this sort of thing is amazing. I am looking forward to seeing how well this works for real!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

scuba

Enlightened
Great Al,
Please let us know if it works well!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I made it and it doesn't seem to be working for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

EDIT: I did it, this thing is pretty cool!

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
WooHoo! Just made the dragon and it is w-a-y cool. Gotta close one eye to make it pop out at you.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I put mine on a shelf high up near the ceiling and I don't need to close an eye to see the illusion. I should put it in the entrance of our house, our neighbors would never return after seeing that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got mine to work. It's very cool, and distracting. I put it up high in a shelf so when people walk by they get freaked out. Perty coo'.

scuba

Enlightened
I'm glad you guys liked it. I'm probably the only one that haven't seen it yet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I need to fix that printer...

DaFiend

Enlightened
Mine sort of works. I'd rather look at the one in the video, it seems to work heaps better.....

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe they're making it wrong? Mine definitely works and its pretty sweet. I have it sitting on a shelf in my kitchen now. The only problem that I'm having is making it look at you and still have a decent amount of 'swing' arc. So, its a compromise. I'll have to find someone with a better printer so I can make more. Definitely cool.

Oh, and I highly suggest that you print at least two copies. One color and one b&w to use as a guide.

Mark