A device to get more "throw" from your lights!

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened
A device to get more \"throw\" from your lights!

With all of the discussion lately on the general forum about how to increase the "throw" of your light, I thought I would post a link to a device that will help you get the maximum throw possible! This is a concept that I have not previously seen discussed in the forums so I believe it to be an original idea, although the device was invented centuries ago!

Great minds such as DaVinci and Goldberg (Rube) http://www.rube-goldberg.com/html/gallery.htm
and their inventions have intrigued the world! Now, at long last, this technology can be applied to flashlights! Although it is possible that at some point in time some daring soul attempted to increase the "throw of his light with this device, history has not recorded the event, at least not to my knowledge.

Mrs. O'Leary used a cow to increase the "throw of her light, but the disastrous results have kept others from trying that technique! (at least in highly populated areas) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Follow the link below and get amazing distance from your light never before possible! Well, Ok, it was possible before, but no daring mind previously integrated this technology with the modern flashlight.

I GIVE YOU MAXIMUM "THROW"!! But first, This short Disclaimer.

I am not responsible for any mis use of this technology nor any injuries or damage(mental OR physical) arising from the use of this device in an attempt to obtain afore mentioned "throw"! Neither participants nor spectators nor unwitting inocent bystanders nor oblivious victims in the next yard, street, town, city, county, state, country or continent be they in,on, under or around a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, rollerskates, Barbie Corvettes, dwarfs in HotWheels, Astronauts in orbit or ships at sea shall have any claim to damages suffered by the use or mis use of this powerfull technology.In short, I can't be sued if you become a candidate for the annual Darwin award!

Before activating this device, a good, loud holler of: HEY Y'ALL, WATCH THIS!! would be suitable for the occassion! LOL
AT LAST! THE LINK!
http://www.catapultkits.com/
http://www.backyardartillery.com

Portable "throw" device! http://www.backyardartillery.com/watch/

Have fun!

Build it and they will come!! Heheheheh

dimwatt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A device to get more \"throw\" from your lights!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Clever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've always wanted to build a small railgun... Then I'd just put a minimag inside and throw it in orbit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

FYI, we're not the only ones trying to increase throw. There are annual catapult competitions were they throw everything and anything (including computer monitors, pumpkins, and even small refrigerators). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always liked watching things fly through the sky at high speeds and land with tremendous force. If there was such a forum like this one about those things, I would gladly participate in it. They cost a lot though.... FLASHLIGHTS!!!

dimwatt

Newly Enlightened

SEE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!!!

Ok. I must admit I thought of this while reading a post by JonSidneyB regarding the "throw" of a 5 watt Luxeon and not being able to achieve much distance with an overhand delivery./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

dimwatt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif