HA3 car body?

code09

Enlightened
I think it would be interesting for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wouldnt have to worry about other ppl scratching your car as much i guess...but the colors might not match

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
titanium carbonitride anyone?

there have got to be some other great options out there!

in fact, if anyone's willing to start a fund i'd be willing to do my part to personally test something of this nature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I'm not any sort of materials scientist or anything, but I think the ultra-hard anodizing would be very brittle. This is fine on something that's small and doesn't flex much, but it might be a big problem with relatively large sections of sheet metal where the metal would be subject to flexing. I can see the anodizing cracking, with fissures opening and exposing the underlying metal to corrosion from road salt, etc.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Not to mention you probably couldn't make hard anodizing work well without a certain thickness possibly making the car heavier and one accident would make you cringe because no insurance company would want to pay for it to be redone/replaced.

B@rt

Flashaholic
My recumbent has a mostly anoed frame (normal, no HA) and it holds up pretty well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is a lot smaller than a car though, and much more rigid. It would be interesting to see what HA does on more flexible surfaces.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

CPFMan

Newly Enlightened
Nice thought...but I think it wouldn't work. Can't stick to steel. Unless the car is made out of alum. Ain't as shiny as the "real thing baby" no pun intended.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about Boyd's AllumaTub? Anodize that some wild color!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif