Anyone done a runtime test with a Badboy 500 and NiMH?

Rifter

Enlightened
Hello, i just got in some 2100ma NiMH AA cells and was wondering what runtimes i can expect in my badboy 500 modded mini-mag. Im currently running it now and its still at full brightness after 1 hour. I am using the flood reflector and will post when it hits innova X5 brightness(currently the innova has tighter hotspot but badboy with flood reflector has 2-3 times wider beam and lights up alot more space) and i will post here the results when it starts to dim and how long it lasts till it hits ARC AAA brightness. But if someone has done this please post runtimes.

Rifter

Enlightened
i have seen the charts but he is only using 1600ma cells, the 2100 should blow them away. i got mine here:

http://www.onlybatteries.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11119.1

P.S. Light has been on for about 110 min now and is still at full brightness as far as i can see, still puts out a beam 2-3X wider than my X5 and seems to be throwing just as far as when was turned on. Will let you know when it gets down to X5 brightness.

Rifter

Enlightened
Ok, just dropped off REALLY FAST(like in 5 min went from being really bright to really dim), it is now a little dimmer than my X5, it ran at near full brightness for a little over 120min. Now it seems to be taking a nose dive, will let you know when it hits ARC AAA brightness.

Rifter

Enlightened
ok now it hit ARC AAA brightness after 150min, seems ther NiMH have a really flat dropoff. Will recharge batts and run test again to make sure my results are fairly accurate.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two hours straight for a BB500 is really good I should think. That's better then what Wayne advertises.

Rifter

Enlightened
i know he says 90-100 min, but on his charts he is using regular alky's or 1600ma NiMH. Im sure its the added capacity of the 2100ma cells im using thats giving it the extra 30 min. Im also going to run some tests with lithium AA's as soon(or IF) my botach order ever shows up.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I did a test with three 1800mAh NiMH cells and a 400mA badboy. It ran for three hours. Or maybe for three hours and fifteen minutes, as I got bored and was only checking it every fifteen minutes.

Rifter

Enlightened
I know, dont these NiMH batteries kick ***
grin.gif

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Sure do. I'm just sorry that I didn't order more 2000mAh AA cells when I got the two that I did. I want to run them in my 3 AA 'gaglight' with badboy mods, but I don't want to mix the 2000mAh ones with the 1800mAh ones.