Legend LX and Wal-Mart

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Brinkmann really needs to get after Wal-Mart about these lights. I have been to three stores in the last week looking for them. At the first store they didn't have it. I didn't have the barcode, so I couldn't ask about it. At the second I asked and was told that they had had them but were out and didn't expect any more. In the third store I was told that the warehouse was out and they couldn't get them anymore. This seems like a lousy distribution deal for Brinkmann. They should be complaining to W-M. In the meantime they should be getting some more chains to distribute the light.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well even in Macau they can only produce so many lights, and I imagine that Brinkmann never expected to sell so many $20 lights at Wal-mart of all places.

4 walmarts, 0 Lx's
frown.gif

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
No kidding. I've checked 4 WalMarts within a 40 mile area here in San Jose, CA and not a thing. Only 1 store had even a UPC price holder for it. Supposed to get some in next week (yeah, right).

Just have to be patient, I guess...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is not with Brinkman... For a majority of the WalMarts, this light is "not traded"; "NOT A STOCKING ITEM" as they say.
This light was a "one shot deal" !!

For the few stores that did receive them, they are "NON REPLENTISHABLE"; they are not re-ordered automatically by the POS inventory system.

Having spoken to one of the regional buyers for WM, I suggested they re-evaluate adding this flashlight to the product mix... I also suggested they logon to CPF and read how many of us have looked, but very have been found :<)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going on a road trip friday to visit my uncle. I know of three walmarts mor or less on the way.

Central PA here I come, Wish me luck!
grin.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I hope Wally world does stock the LX I drove around to 4 of them today and could not find any. I think I am turning into a flashaholic (hi my names Remus1066 and I started on this driving spree looking for a flashlight....) Does this mean I am to far gone? Also if someone could answer a question. Is the Arc LS supposed to be a comparable brightness to the Mag AA.
PS I know I am hooked because after reading these postings for about a week I ordered 2 arc LE's on Saturday. Peter your advice to check out this site worked.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked with 4 Wall-Marts in my area (New Orleans). Only one has the UPC in the computer, but they don't know if or when they will get in stock.
shocked.gif

Gunslinger1LA

Newly Enlightened
I feel your pain Tree ! None to be had here in Chalmette. Guess what I found last weekend when I was in MS ? Two legend LX`s, bought them both !
grin.gif
Check the picayune store hav`nt been there yet. Better hurry
tongue.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunslinger1LA:
I feel your pain Tree ! None to be had here in Chalmette. Guess what I found last weekend when I was in MS ? Two legend LX`s, bought them both !
grin.gif
Check the picayune store hav`nt been there yet. Better hurry
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I have some friends that live close to Picayune. I'll have to ask them if they can find any over there.

Thanks Gunslinger1LA
grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
None can be found in the San Diego, California area either.

But not to worry, i've got my new E2 to keep me busy....(for a while!)

Considering how much batteries and spare bulbs cost for the E2, and how valuable it is to me, i wouldn't mind an LX that i can use and abuse daily. Or lend to someone as a loner when they need a light. There ain't no way i'm letting someone use my E2....GET YOUR OWN!....haha

Just a reminder to everyone...In another post i mentioned that I contacted Brinkmann and they responded saying that u can order direct from them for $29.99
Also, they said that that MANY LXs were shipped and that Walmart was not the only distributor. I'd check you're local sporting goods stores like REI. The REI in my area said they were all out...they answered as if they had them for weeks now and just ran out. -i wonder if they knew what i was really talking about thought.
rolleyes.gif

just my 2...

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
-i wonder if they knew what i was really talking about thought.
rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems to be the problem I encounter when calling. I don't trust that the Wal-Mart employee knows what the light actually is and where to find it if it is not in an obvious spot in the flashlight section (went to one Wal-Mart and asked for the LX, he took me to a Legend AA and said "here this one's good enough" :rolleyes
smile.gif
. Also, when I give the UPC and ask them to look it up in the computer I usually get "it's in the computer, and we get trucks every other day so it should be here soon" not knowing at all if it's actually on the truck or not.
frown.gif

I guess if anyone finds the LX in other (non Wal-Mart) stores please let us know. (where's the greamlin for "beg"?)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

While I wasn't in the market for this flashlight I thought I would take a look in my local Walmart and see what the fuss was all about. Surprisingly, the Walmart in Norwalk, Connecticut had about 10 of these things hanging on the wall, but with no price listed. I can't say I was blown away by them but I guess for the price they are a good deal, especially with the accessories included. I stopped over two days later and all were gone. One month ago I never even heard of LED flashlights and after seeing the Brinkmans jumping off the wall I guess I was the only one in America who was still "in the dark" about LEDs.