This one has it all....

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light was just released 2 weeks ago, so I could only find one listing of its price: €95
But European prices cannot be compared to American prices, so I guess we will just wait and see what the price will be. By comparing it to the European price of the Yukon HL I think you will end up having to pay $75 for it.
I think Brunton will distribute this in USA/Canada.

Sigbjoern

QualityAir

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for a 3 watt headlamp, ya might try looking at the Princeton Tec Apex. It has a regulated supply and the additon of 4-5mm's for closs task lighting.

RobWV

Newly Enlightened
The two different battery packs (AA & C) is a great idea. I don't understand why more lights do not offer this. If you are going on a long trip and don't want to mess with changing batteries just use the C's, short trip go with the AA's. Anxious to see these lights in the US.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
QualityAir said:
If you are looking for a 3 watt headlamp, ya might try looking at the Princeton Tec Apex. It has a regulated supply and the additon of 4-5mm's for closs task lighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Princeton Tec Apex appears to be good (and is number two on my list), but the Silva L1's feature set is much better. The L1 has three brightness settings on the Luxeon, and I think this is a much better solution than having both 5mm LEDs and a Luxeon.
I was actually planing on buying the Yukon HL a couple of months back, but are now very glad I waited.

Sigbjoern

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
RobWV said:
The two different battery packs (AA & C) is a great idea. I don't understand why more lights do not offer this. If you are going on a long trip and don't want to mess with changing batteries just use the C's, short trip go with the AA's. Anxious to see these lights in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
The Princeton Tec Switchback has this option, not sure if they still offer it though? Oh sure...trying to convince me to keep mine, eh?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I've got a PT Yukon HL, PT Switchback, PT Auroras, & Petzl Tikkas...once again, different tools for different tasks.

For some reason, I'd like to check out some of these new ones. Guess a trip to REI is coming up! I'd like to check out an EOS and a Corona as well. How many HLs does one need?! Gotta read my sigline again!

03lab

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif Hopefully this can be had for less than €95, as I don't really *need* a headlamp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graywolf

Newly Enlightened
Bad news guys. I called Brunton and they are NOT going to import this headlamp. (nasty words written here)

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a very cool headlamp. Does anyone know if the " 57145 Helmet hooks" actually exist? I need a good headlamp that will stay on a hard hat.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Graywolf, what is the connection between Silva and Brunton?

Edit:
oh i think i see. they appear to be the only Silva carrier in the US and Canada.