Need another flashligt. What to buy? Help needed!

Veratio

Newly Enlightened
I never was much of a flashlight man, but recently been wanting a bigger light. I have a Nuwai Q-III and I am amazed how bright the little package is.

I need this in my new flashlight:

1. More power. More than 75 lum, preferable ~100 or more.

2. Bigger. For use when walking in the woods at night. I don´t want it to be too big (like a 4 battery Maglite).

3. I´d like a rechargable one. If not, maybe there´s a possibility to buy a separate charger for those 123 batteries?

I have been looking at a few lights. I like the Surefire M3 and Surefire in general. I´m flexible though.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a tip where I can get one at a competetive price, I´d be most grateful! This can be emailed to me instead of posted here ofcourse. I have a friend in NH that can buy and send me packages, so overseas shipping is no problem.

Thank you for your time,

Niclas Lindström
Stockholm, Sweden

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Need another flashligt. What to buy? Help need

If cost is of no issue, then get a Surefire L4 and run it off Pila batteries. Else even better (and more expensive of course) would be a L7 then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
The other rechargable I can think of that is pretty bright would be the Streamlight Strion, which is a very good performer by most accounts I've seen here on CPF.

Veratio

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Stanley,

Good advice. 75 lumens is minimum though, I was hoping for a bit more. I´m not a rich man, but I was thinking about maybe ~200-250 usd. I have looked all over Surefires homepage, and I really like the 9AN commander. Is this a good light, in comparison to the other lights out there? Is it too big? Anyone know where I can get one a bit cheaper!?

Any other thoughts?

Niclas Lindström
Stockholm, Sweden

juancho

Enlightened

A maglite 3 D can be made into a Mag85 which uses rechargeable Nimhs AA and produces 800 lumen.
smaller than that will be a maglite 2 D which can be mod to run a WA01160 bulb or a WA1111 for a minimum of 500 lumens, also using rechargeables AA.
Your third option woulb be a Surefire C-3 Centurion with a P-91 lamp for the 200 lumens (but it is not rechargeable)
you can use pilas (rechargeable) but you incurr in the cost of the Pilas and the charger.
The R123's rechargeable batteries have a very low capacity and too much voltage which will blow surefire lamps.
P. M. me if you want more information as this subject has already been beat to dead in CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif
regards
Juan C.