Imalent        

Thread: Photon Fusion issues fixed?

Default Photon Fusion issues fixed?

I was thinking about getting a headlamp and was wondering if the physical reliability issues with the Fusion were ever worked out? I did a search and there was talk some time ago about a new design, but I didn't see any posts reviewing the new design.

??

Thanks,

-john

Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

Default Re: Photon Fusion issues fixed?

John what/where will you be using the headlamp? I like the PT Aurora but it is not for use in an area where there is a lot of other light. Texas Tactical and botach are offering a combo of an Aurora and a photon like light(can't remember the name of the PT pocket light)

I was thinking out working in the yard (at night in the rain for example) and hiking. I'm most interested in flood light, long battery life and sturdy construction.

-john

John,
    There was a problem with the catch on the battery pack breaking. This was resolved some time ago by replacing the whole battery housing, the new catch is much stronger.
    All units for the last 6 months or so have been shipping with the new catch.

www.worst4x4.freeservers.com

Ah, I see on Craig's site that the latch was fixed. I should have checked there. No note about the other issues like the hinges, etc. Anyone know if these got addressed as well?

I see in the review that the battery housing isn't waterproof. Anyone know if the new version has fixed that?

Thanks,

-john

Wits' End :
    ...Texas Tactical and botach are offering a combo of an Aurora and a photon like light(can't remember the name of the PT pocket light)...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think the name of the pocket light is pt pulsar

Well, I impulse purchased the Petzl Tikka. The store I was at was out ever *every* PT headlamp. The Petzl is nice and small, but doesn't have the modes the PT has. The switch is a bit stiff and it doesn't appear to have any waterproofing.

-john