Photon Fusion issues fixed?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about getting a headlamp and was wondering if the physical reliability issues with the Fusion were ever worked out? I did a search and there was talk some time ago about a new design, but I didn't see any posts reviewing the new design.

??

Thanks,

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking out working in the yard (at night in the rain for example) and hiking. I'm most interested in flood light, long battery life and sturdy construction.

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I see on Craig's site that the latch was fixed. I should have checked there. No note about the other issues like the hinges, etc. Anyone know if these got addressed as well?

I see in the review that the battery housing isn't waterproof. Anyone know if the new version has fixed that?

Thanks,

-john

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wits' End :
...Texas Tactical and botach are offering a combo of an Aurora and a photon like light(can't remember the name of the PT pocket light)...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think the name of the pocket light is pt pulsar

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I impulse purchased the Petzl Tikka. The store I was at was out ever *every* PT headlamp. The Petzl is nice and small, but doesn't have the modes the PT has. The switch is a bit stiff and it doesn't appear to have any waterproofing.

-john