Inova X5T has been improved

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Hong Kong, checked out some local airsoft/military stuff stores and found a *new* version of the X5T out. It doesn't have the grooves along the side of the light, but has a hex grind (like the anti-roll part of a Surefire) all along the length. The twist part is now checkered, as opposed to the up-down grind on earlier X5T's.

The packaging for the two versions are completely the same, so you'll have to specifically ask for the newer version if you're ordering online. Has anyone else seen one of the new ones yet?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonder what if they don't have the newer version. Is the price still the same?

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
I first saw the new versions at DenTrinity, a local airsoft store. The prices were the same as before, HK$360 (=US$46). Cool place to buy from, by the way.

The price I saw at Supreme Co. was HK$380 or around US$50. Besides retailing, they also seemed to be distributing to other HK stores.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the new version in those shops (military stuff) in Mongkok just a couple days ago. The price is HK$360 but I didn't bother to check it out. I picked up a 4x123 Cells light at HK$350 at one of those shops though.

Alan

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my X5T's are the hex body. They are more delicious than the grooved kind. I have only seen these in the Titanium finish (Aluminum anodized to have the satiny look of Titanium). I bought one at Fry's Electornics. I bought the other two online and specifically asked for the hex finish. These are going out as gifts - if I can get my grubby little fingers to let go of them
grin.gif
. By the way the cheapest price I found online is at Defense Devices.

Cheers.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they wanted to improve it, they should have put the "lock on" in the pushbutton!!! (IMHO) That is what I what I thought I was buying. This has tought me to ASK about switch function details BEFORE buying more lights. Though in all fairness, I guess I should have known that the term "Tactical" precludes a one finger lock on mode. Silly me.

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by edmoses:
I belive that it is called the Inova X5MT
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I took another look today, and I really can't see that they put "X5MT" anywhere on the package. I can only see X5 Tactical, and the packaging was exactly the same as the older version tactical. Perhaps that's just the internal serial number that TADGear is using?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm... I wonder if they had other complaints about sharp edges along the sides of the fluting on the body. Mine could be used to shave off layers of wood from a 2x4. A quick rub with screwdriver blade took the feather edge off. The new flat sides would preclude any sharp edges.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still no knurling or other grip aid down that smooooth body though I see - which is one of my major complaints about what is otherwise a great light. Clickie tail cap would be nice, but would add to the length and I can live without it.

I actually quite like the way it was with the fluted groovy bits, mine doesn`t seem very sharp either. The vertical-line knurling on the tail cap looks nicer to me too.

Is it me or is the whole flashlight industry becoming obsessed by hexagons.....?

confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

M

MeridianTactical

I have been shipping out the Hex bodies for about a month now, The last two shipments I have recieved in have been the Hex.

The Colored LED ones seem to mostly be the old style slot, but they dont sell nearly as well as the white LED.

I like the hex much better myself.

Chris

PS. I have better pricing than the above mentioned places...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I have the new version then. I ordered two from Meridian a week or so before Christmas and that is the version I received. Sure wish there was knurling on the sides. It's slippery to hold one handed while using the momentary function of the switch.