ARC LS-H?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoan

Enlightened
Quick question as I have lost touch with the BST section (have to save $$$ somehow). Are ARC LS-H still hard to find and how's the market?

I'm considering selling one of mine and am worried about two things. #1 pricing it correctly (avoiding being both too high or too low) and #2 being able to replace it when, as usual, I decide I want it back.

Thoughts?

-Fern

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS's are being sold anywhere from $120 to $180 depending on the light's condition and obviously the market dictates what price you can fetch. If you so happen to chance upon someone who wants it badly, then you can probably get a better price.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Price it low = it'll sell FAST!

Price it high = "maybe" it will sell sooner or later!

...or you could put it up in the CPF Auctions and let the buyers set the price?

code09

Enlightened
You cant fail on ebay...you'll get nice and high prices depending on the condition and the rules you set on your auction.
I sold a pretty beat up arc aaa on ebay for 78US. I set the conditions as worldwide, and some guy from bulgaria won it

cy

Flashaholic
IMHO prices on ebay will go up further yet due to a world wide demand chasing finite ARC units.

Peter may had his faults with many things. but he's either a genius or extremely lucky at creating a worldwide recognizable brand.

Surefire and ARC worldwide are recognized having some of the best LED flashlight produced.

worldwide demand for high end LED tools is way larger than the limited audience on cpf.

cpf'ers may know about HDS and Peak. But building worldwide brand name recognition like Surefire and ARC's takes thousands of working units in the field.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
After being gone for five months, finding out Arc was no more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and then looked at ebay for the going price of Arc AAAs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif I would have to agree with cy. Some people will pay a huge premium for Arcs.

Although the narrow beam of the Peak AAA 3 LED worked better for my use and location... the Arc AAA was my second choice. All my Arcs were loaned out and people really liked them and wanted to buy some more. That was when I found out Arc was gone...

There are many lights from Surefire, McGizmo, Inova, HDS, Longbow etc to replace the LS so it is not too much of a problem. The venerable AAA will be missed and that would explain the push in prices.

BTW, I bought an Arc AAA-P from cy last summer, loaned it out and it was lost in November. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif I think I should copy the ebay pages of Arc AAAs so email her...just to yank her chain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Fern, have you considered modding your LS? A premium Lux, a little boost, reflector, and glass lens-- and you might have a new favorite light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

rugbymatt

Enlightened
If you get your LS modded by LitFuse I can almost guarantee that you will have a new favorite light. I know I do.

Samoan

Enlightened
You rascals...

One of the reasons I'm considering selling the LS is to re-buy a Sebenza (I sold off a box of cigars for a tidy sum to cover the rest).

I swear, ebery time I see the orange explosive tag I wonder, almost out loud, what could Peter do for this light....

Stop it! Stop the money spending voices!

-Fern

Status
Not open for further replies.