My first mod

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the inspiration I have got the last year, reading on this forum. Now I have just finished my first mod. It was a $5 flashlight that my compagny use as gift for customers - a LedLenser clone. While doing som sanding on the light, I found brass underneath, so some polishing was necessary. The original was powered with 3 coin batteries. Cutting a little of the threads allowed me to put in an extra battery. I think the result is pretty good, so now I am working on doing my first flashlight from the buttom up. Pictures comming soon... Meanwhile, here is some pictures of the mod:

Body.jpg

The one 5mm Led was replased with 7 3mm Led's:

Front.jpg

The Original vs the Mod. A picture of my old Arc AAA is included for size comparing:

Group 1.jpg

Here is some beam shot. The mod is shown to the right.

First the Original vs the Mod:
Original vs Mod.jpg

Next an the Arc AAA vs the Mod:
Arc AAA vs Mod.jpg

Finaly I have been taking some shoots of a modelship, I have build.

Lighted by the Mod:
Ship_Mod.jpg

Lighted by the Original:
Ship_Original.jpg

Lighted by the Arc AAA:
Ship_Arc AAA.jpg

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
He he... I wrote a program in C# :

ledLight.jpg

The program allows me to have 1 center + up to 5 circles of leds. You just enter the diameter of the leds, the radius of the circles, the number of lights you want in each circle. The program then shows the picture above, where also the total diameter of the light is calculated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool.. can you modify it to use hex pattern like a honeycomb, or that will just work itself out if you use the right qty of light/circle? That still doesn't say how you managed to space them so evenly when you drilled them out.. you have a mill, or did you actually do that by hand?

-awr

AndrewL

Newly Enlightened
Thats really nice

Is it me or do the circes in the diagram not match up quite right? Is that to allow for metal strength

(I have to write a program that invloves drawing circles you see)

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AndrewL said:
Is it me or do the circes in the diagram not match up quite right?

[/ QUOTE ]
When you want the LEDs in circle, they newer will match up quite right. It they should, you would have to use a hex pattern like a honeycomb, and I like the look of circles better.

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
andrewwynn said:
cool.. can you modify it to use hex pattern like a honeycomb, or that will just work itself out if you use the right qty of light/circle? That still doesn't say how you managed to space them so evenly when you drilled them out.. you have a mill, or did you actually do that by hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, the program only draws circle. Thet would newer give a hex pattern. Of cause that could be modyfied, if I should want that. About the drilling - It was done in hand, using a big nasty battery driven screw driver. You just wait for my next project. It will use 3 or 4 circles of LED's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrebKlok

Newly Enlightened
Sure, but not guaranty included. If you mess up 91 of your precious HighBright LED's, don't blame me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The program requires the .NET framework to be installed. Only testet in Europe, where our printers runs in milimeters, so how it would react in the states, I don't know, but I supose it would work.

www.klokmose.dk/uploads/LedLight.exe

flex76italy

Enlightened
PrebKlok, your program is very nice, compliments it is a program that I cannot leave me to escape it.