A19 and U2

Luna

Enlightened
I tried to see if I could increase level 6 runtime by tossing in an extra 123, a la KL6, and something interesting happened. I was hoping to just increase runtime without inreasing the size too much but now the extra batteries turned Levels 3,4,5 into Level 6 output. Level 6 wasn't any brighter than you would see with a new set of batteries so obviously there is some fashion of overdrive protection. Anyone else see this?

I have a slight donut hole(slightly bluish hole), as should be expected given the proper placement of the emitter requires the heatsink to be above the reflector. The reflector is projecting the heatsink forward. (For those doubters, You can take a maginifying glass and project the output at a wall. As you focus in and out like with a microscope you can see easily what is going on. Of course you can have suboptimal focus and sacrifice throw but i like the u2 as is)

BTW This is a U2 with SN less than 800, pure white at all levels. Its output blows away a P90 IMHO. Great light but i agree with a comment I read a while back, I wish level one was a bit dimmer for those late night ventures into the bedroom w/o waking up momma /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif