I need help

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got paid, and made out my bills.

And. . . there's a surplus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I need your help in my time of need. This flashlight fetish is like a disease -- no, a demon.

So my problem: L2 or A2, A2 or L2. I can't decide.

I want a high-beam/low-beam EDCable light that I can use for reading things close up, and for checking things at a distance. But I also want something with a "walking around" level of light that I can use without perpetually changing the batteries. The A2 is perfect for the former two, but I am a little hesitant to go incandescent. The L2 does the latter two, but it would blow my vision for reading.

L2 or A2, A2 or L2. . .

Please help. I'm suffering here.

Scott

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like for your uses you would be happier with the A2. Granted the low on L2 is a better navigation light, but you could get a QIII or a 1watt led light for that. So, I'll third the advice about getting the A2 for your uses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sigp6

Newly Enlightened
You will be happy with either I think. I own both and probably lean a bit more to the A2 as well.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what you just described.. I would probably get the A2. It is a really nice light... (I've seen and held it)

You can see closely with the Leds, and the Bulb has the chuck you need.

C'huk': v.,n.
To throw, throw

-tom

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, for the urgently needed help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I made my biggest flashlight purchase to date: I got an A2-red, a spare bulb, and a 4-battery/bulb spares carrier. No more budget surplus.

I still need a good case -- something really secure that can come off of the belt without undoing the belt. Any suggestions are welcome.

The reason I went with the A2 instead of the L2 is what I expect was behind all your recommendations: that the A2 is a simple design which hit its mark exactly; the Colt 1911A1 of flashlights. There might be more advanced lights out there, but there is something intangibly satisfying about using truly well-made equipment.

I don't mean to knock the L2 -- by all accounts a great light -- but it seems like a design which is not yet mature. LEDs are evolving so fast that I think I will wait until the kinks are worked out before I get another "major" light.

Scott

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I use a RipOffs holster and I really like it.

BrightGuy has the RipOffs CO-153 for $14.50 plus shipping.

I've had mine for a couple of years and I'm not sure which model it is. If this is the same model that I use it's fits loose in the holster. It is secure in the holster and the holster is secure on your belt. I use RipOffs holster daily.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing I don't like completely about the A2 is the clip. I'd trust it for the most part, but I'd rather have a pouch or holster. .

Latest posts