ARC AAA Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDryer

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I've been away from the forum for a while but I have a question about my ARC 3A..I've cleaned it according to the maintenance but the problem persists. When I turn the light on, it will light normally 1 time, if I loosen it enough to turn it off and then try to turn it on again, it won't come on, I have to completely unscrew the head and remove it, then screw it back in and it works perfect that 1 time, this situation just continues the same everytime. Any ideas?...Thanks
Regards Sonny

SDryer

Newly Enlightened
I started looking closely at the positive end of the battery and it looked to be indented some, so I just got a fresh 4 pack of AAA's and tried one. First off, I forgot how bright the light is with a new battery...second, after turning it on and off over 100 times...it has been flawless.
I don't know if it was just the indention in the old battery or the hot voltage of the new one, or a combo of both, but it's back to being the Super light it used to be..Thanks for the comeback and link though.
Regards Sonny

OneManArmy

Newly Enlightened
I Own 2 arcs....and am very happy I got them before the company went out of busisness.

But on to your problem I also have had the same problem, and the solution:
simply soak the whole inside and sponge of the flashlight with wd-40 which is electro conductive. that should take care of the problem. after that keep all of the parts well lubricated and coated but take all the excess out. If this dosnt work you might want to try putting some lead solder a the end of the tip of the postive contact because it may have gotton worn off. But you said that it put a dimple in the aaa battery so it is def long enough to reach it.

The WD-40 thing worked perfectly for me. Now my light works 100% of the time.

~Good Luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SDryer

Newly Enlightened
I started thinking, I've had this light since 03 and it still had the same battery that came with it. I've let a lot of people mess with it and I'm sure some people may have really screwed it down tighter then it needed to be. I cleaned it really well this morning and remelted the solder to a nice shiny spot, so I pretty much got all the routine maintenance away. I'm really amazed that changing the battery fixed it. Since I last posted I've turned it on and off at least 100 more times and it's been flawless everytime. It's too bad they are out of bussiness now, even after being carried everyday for over two years in a pocket full of Keys, change, it's still in about 90% condition....I guess I should name it.."Road Warrior"
Regards Sonny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts