SF M6 runtime

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi,

Has anyone done a runtime/output graph for the M6 for both HOLA and LOLA?

Would be interested to know if anyone could point me in the right direction if so. Also runtime with the HOLA is listed at 20 mins, but what state is the light at 20 mins - still useable or at the point where the filament is glowing red just in the centre?

Cheers for any pointers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Soundbox,

At 20 minutes (HOLA), the light is noticeably MUCH dimmer than at start. But I don't have a lightmeter to give you an objective and accurate intensity percentage. My guess would be 25 percent of start.

Check out Prolepsis's recent thread in the Homemade and Modified lights forum Regulated SureFire M6 Beauty which does a side by side comparison (in the form of pictures) of an M6 running 123's and an M6 running one of my regulated rechargeable NiMH battery packs. That should answer your question better than any words of mine. And keep in mind that this is the most positive result of doing this experiement. Brightnorm, in his thread on the M6-R in the General Lights forum, claimed that after only 4 or 5 minutes of use, there was a noticeable drop in M6 HOLA output.

Hope this helps,