I'm seeing 7 spots - Peak arrived

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I\'m seeing 7 spots - Peak arrived

After 2 1/2 months of various problems from 3 different places I finally have a Peak McKinley 7 LED CR123 light in hand. It was worth the wait - totally like this light. It is smaller than I thought it would be (that's good 4 me) and very bright and lightweight. For having no optics to speak of it has a nice smooth round pattern but obviously not the throw of some of our other favorites like Arc4's and so on.
This one which I ordered direct from Peak before the snafu on patents finally arrived today. Size comparison to Arc 4+
in picture below:

peakmck.jpg

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I\'m seeing 7 spots - Peak arrived

what? no beamshots? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It does look small in that picture. Is there any excess length in the body to speak of?

paulr

Flashaholic

Looks nice. I didn't realize it was that small. Now I find myself wanting one. The one I really wanted was the 5 led 1AA version in stainless steel, but I put off ordering it because of the expenditure. I really should order the 1AAA stainless version now, but again, I'm spending too much bucks these days and have to watch myself.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got my stainless hi-power 7LED McKinley today. Stainless weighs 2x as much as the HAIII pictured above, but I just had to have one before they disappeared. Notice how the stainless flavor has no knurling. Looks like this:
McKinleySS.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Powernoodle out.

paulr

Flashaholic

Was there any advance notice at all before the multi-led lights disappeared? I didn't see any indication til after they were already gone. Oh well.

Does the stainless steel version have the same removable tail as the HA3 version? I'm not crazy about that design, but they carefully don't show the tail in the pictures.

sbebenelli

Enlightened

Is it legal to have the writing like that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Does the stainless steel version have the same removable tail as the HA3 version?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - same tail.

best regards

gorlank

Enlightened

really cool light, need beamshots please.

I am really bummed by the Peak fiasco, I was looking forward to getting more of the Arc style keychain lights. Sheesh.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll attempt some beamshots tomorrow - but I don't have any white walls or good backdrops for them. I don't think there is excess length but the keyring tab unscrews and there is about 5/16" to maybe 3/8" in there - if you hollowed out the part that unscrews you could actually put someting in there.
Not really indication that they were in a problem and some dealers probably still have some but reports are they are going fast. I haven't checked with pocketlights.com lately as things were somewhat chaotic there but he may still have stock as well as some RMSK and TadGear. I see some of them have already raised there prices above retail though. I heard the Peak Luxeon was going to be quite reasonable though so I wouldn't spend too much on a McKinley now. I think their LS will be better than the McKinley and not that much more in price.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefer the aluminum because of the knurling - you can turn it on easily with one hand and it's easy to hold on to. SS is very nice looking though and of course super strong.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a beamshot and review here at the LEDmuseum. Look under the CR123 light section.

I think I'll sell mine. Nice light - not a thing wrong with it. But I bought it on the spur and can now use the coins for the countless other lights I'm after.

best regards