Hi!

Iron_Man

Newly Enlightened
Wah!! I'm a newbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I landed here because I'm making a flashlight and found a link somewhere. I have ordered parts and read lots of info here, it's been good reading.

I am a machinist with a shop, (I know drool...drool). The light will be one 123 batt. and 5watt LED. I'll post a pic when I learn how to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
Les

B@rt

Flashaholic
welcome.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

To post pics you need a pic host, such as ImageShack .

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, Iron Man. That's a nice post to start with! I for one would be quite interested in what you've got planned there.

Ledean

Enlightened
Welcome Iron man.
The fins look great.
Waiting for the picture of thefinished product.
Ledean

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What converter are you using? I've often wondered, but never did anything about, whether a 5W would regulate on a single 123 battery, if you went with a low bias. Maybe 350mA. In any case, you could always run it on an R123.

Let us know how it works out.

Iron_Man

Newly Enlightened
Minimum number of parts? 1, but the price makes your eyes bleed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am hoping to sell this one to start the next one.

Converter board is a fatman, but it is not here yet. Yep it looks like a r123 to get the volts up. Run time wont be squat, I don't care, I just want major light in a small package that looks cool. I may fold and go to a 1 watt later, we will see.

Les

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Les,

You may be able to stretch that runtime by going with a 500mA bias without taking too much of a hit in the brightness department. I've run plenty of 5Ws at 500mA and you still get tons of light.