Another UV Flashlight Question

flashlite

Enlightened
Does anyone have any experience with any of these UV flashlights? I believe they're pretty common on ebay.

(1) - 3AAA (side-by-side) 14 LED light - model UV-1403

(2) - 3AAA (side-by-side) 12 LED light - model UV-1203

(3) - 1AA 12 LED light - model UV01

I'm told that #1 and #2 are 390nm. I'm not sure of the wavelenght of #3. I think 390nm is what I'm after though.

Are these any good? I assume they're no-name brands from China.

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
What's your application? Are you looking for a small pocket flashlight for closer work or something larger for shining around?
Piers!

flashlite

Enlightened
I'd use it mostly to locate animal excrement. I have some florescent black lights but they obviously don't project a beam like a flashlight can. The real bright florescent lights are 120v, making it difficult move around freely.

I'd like something small but with some throw so I don't have hold the light over every square inch of the area I'm searching. I thought the Inova X1 would be ideal but it's 395 NM. That wavelength probably has too much visible light and won't make pet excrement fluoresce enough. I'm not worried about finding my way around in the dark, so a lot of visible UV isn't necessary.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps a NightCutter 5CSI (375nm) or one of the Xenopus flashlights that is 380nm or less.

Jeff