Poor Man's L2 ?

DarkShadows

Newly Enlightened
Poor Man\'s L2 ?

I will probably wind up buying an L2 eventually but I was just wondering if there was a poor man's L2? That is, a less expensive light with a nice flood and at least two levels of brightness.

DarkShadows

Newly Enlightened
Re: Poor Man\'s L2 ?

Those are some good recommendations. I knew about the TT but was not considering it because I want LED only for this particular light. I wish that I did not have to cycle through the brightness levels to get to the one that I want. For example, I probably want it on the dimmer setting most of the time but both units start on high. Even if they started on low, I would have to cycle them through high to turn them off. It would be nice to have seperate level and power switch. I guess I can't have everything...darn!

Still, these are solid recommendations...thanks!

deranged_coder

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
DarkShadows said:
It would be nice to have seperate level and power switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, there is the Surefire U2 but that is more expensive than the L2...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DarkShadows said:
...It would be nice to have seperate level and power switch...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are picky! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It will raise the cost, of course, but any of those lights can probably be modded to take a Kroll clickie. I'm sure you could find someone on the Mods forum to drill and tap the tailcap for you.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cannot Kroll switch the Nuwai multi-level lights. The circuit in the Nuwai resets itself to 'off'. These lights will never have momentary as long as that damn circuit is in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought two of Third Shifts Nuwai's TM115's (I think that is correct). 3 Watt, Low/high/off.

Both are whiter than a virgins heart, the best throwers of ANY of my 1/3/5 watt lights.

I do NOT own the SL 3 watt two level, but cannot imagine it being any better. A shorter light than the SL.

The lights have a wonderful, very uniform wide spill light, not unlike my SL TL-2/3 LEDs.

A vastly underrated (unnoticed ?) light.