Extending Light from Discovery Store

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the things my wife got me for Christmas this year is an odd looking little single LED light from the Discovery Channel Store called an LED Extending Light. She's always looking for new lights to add to my growing collection (...she's a GOOD woman!!!). It's a neat looking light that runs on 3 AAA batteries, with a single LED behind a magnifying lens, like a PAL or an Impact. The bezel of the light slides forward to expose a clear plastic upper half that lets the light also be used as a small area light. The light produced in this mode is minimal, but it is sufficient enough to use for reading, or to light up the inside of a small tent. In regular flashlight mode, the output is very nice for a single LED light. The beam is almost identical to a PT Impact, just slightly dimmer with a little more bluish tint. It's about 2/3 the length of a Brinkmann Longlife, and about 2/3 the diameter. The batteries are held in a cartridge in the lower half of the body like the one in a Rayovac Clip-N-Go light. It would be considerably shorter without the extension feature, but the size is very nice as is, and the light feels very solid in your hand. The lower half of the body is aluminum with some SERIOUS knurling on it...I mean this thing could be used to file through steel bars! The switch mechanism is a twist-on type switch like the one on the Streamlight Clip-Mate, but it's located in the center of the light. All in all, for the price ($14.95) it's a very nice, very sturdy little single LED light, and it's one of the more unique looking lights I have. FYI...

PJD

...I'd post pics, but I don't own a digicam...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd...packaging is a little different, but that's it. I really like it...nice little light.

PJD