Nuwaii 3 level 5W vs SL 2L3W?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to get either light in the future. The SL feels well built and I love that hotspot. The Nuwaii has 3 levels and a 5W and REAL dimming circuitry. I think I'll go with the Nuwaii if it has better fit and finish, but it says on Quickbeams site that it's dimmer and throws less than the 2L3W
Thanks!

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I have both lights.

The Nuwai ALX-352L has a slightly wider "hot spot" than the Streamlight 2L3W.

Streamlight's beam does indeed throw a bit further than the Nuwai's beam.

Nuwai's beam appears to be slightly blue. Streamlight beam appears snowy white. Nice!

Nuwai's beam has a very slight "hole" or dark area in the center of the beam. Streamlight's beam does not.

The ALX-352L is a bit bulkier and heavier than the 2L3W.

Streamlight's switch requires quite a bit more force to operate, than the Nuwai's switch.

They both have their good and bad points. Overall, I don't have a preference for one over the other.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of those 2 I would probably buy the Streamlight. However another option is the 2-level Nuwai TM115 which is actually what I did buy because it is much cheaper than the Streamlight.

Wrangler

Enlightened
I do own the Streamlight Tasklight 2-L.
Yesterday I visited KLAUS and he modded it with an additional resistor and a TWOJ. Was ~ 900mA before modding.
Draws now ~ 1.3A. Pure white and bright. It`s performance now reminds me of a 5W with throw! Outstanding light!!
BTW he also modded my 4sevens-ALX1113A Nuwai-mod. Removed the TV1K, which was very greenish and put in a.... TWOJ.
Draws 900mA now and is really bright and white! And T H R O W S! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Many,many thanks to Klaus!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

petevb

Newly Enlightened
I own both as well. I like the SL a bit more. The throw, smaller package/ lighter weight and better beam quality win out. The 3 levels on the nuwai are too close together- they should be wider spaced, with the low being lower. The Nuwai beam also does have a small hole. Both good lights, but I like the SL better...