ultra-g turns off

lessing

Newly Enlightened
Is it normat for an infinity ultra to turn off if you screw the head on too far. First it turns on, but then if I turn it more till the threads stop, the light turns off. It did not do this when I first got it. Am I just an idiot and did not turn it all the way when I first got it. Is tightened all the way supposed to be off?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked mine and it stays on no matter how tight I screw in the head.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
thought about trying it on mine - but hesitated...

...think about it, the electrical contact is made by screwing in the head pushing the +ve contact on a pcb board/plate on to the battery head - further screwing in may end up pushing the contact further into the head, or even worse buckling or fracturing the pcb board.

Even though the CMG Ultra can be said to be "precision" made - there has to be some ability to over tighten on the head screw to accomodate slight variences/tolerances in AA battery lengths.

But if one had a slightly longer battery and over tighten the screw - the result may be a damaged flashlight......

When I first got my Ultra(-G) I over-tightened once - but stopped doing it for the above thoughts/reasons.

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
Yeah, mine does it too. The only thing I can think of as way to fix it is with a solder blob maybe.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
I thought about a solder blob, but the battery is not too short, something else is amiss here. I am using a plain old duracell.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like the old PCB flex problem. I would send it back for repair or replace.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the problem that mine needs to be cranked down hard just to get it to turn on in the first place. Then it will often just go out by itself but will come back on if you crank it down even harder.
I need to send it back in but haven't got around to it.

Ted T

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the crimp around the edge of the circuit board is not tight enough?

krept

Newly Enlightened
I kinda had that problem, but when I read the instructions saying not to overtighten, I took it as a warning... if I tighten it too much and the light goes out, it's overtightened.

Latest posts