cheapo Amber LED light

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
from Wally World (aka Wal-Mart) for $1.96 ...

fcdb45b1.jpg

[post editted again using ImageStation instructions]

This now displays smaller than life-size on my screen -
the card dimensions are 5.75" x4" - the length of the LED flashlight is 2.25" to the end of the cylinder (without loop) - and 2.5" to the end of the loop.

There is only a pressure momentary on switch - but with a very nice "frog-spring" feel - to the left of the body in the image by the word Amber.

The LED is amber and I stood at the display and tried all of them to select the "best" - most even and brightest beam.

The amber light is actually brighter than my Photon II yellow (3 years old but very little used) because of a more concentrated intense central spot - there is also a bright ring of light concentric with the spot about the same diameter (a bit smaller) as the overall bright circle of the Photon II.

The color is definitely more amber/orange than the yellow Photon.

At under $2 it's a nice light
....for the money
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

kimgkimg

Newly Enlightened
Was this a regular price item or on clearance? Can you post a picture of it somewhere? Thanks!

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by kimgkimg:
Was this a regular price item or on clearance? Can you post a picture of it somewhere? Thanks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't know if it's on clearance - when I saw the price I thought it was - but the price tag looks like a regular one and it was not among other clearance items (usually have a red-tags).

I have the image in my post,
can you not see it ?
(or didn't you wait long enough for it to download to your computer?)

Here's the source url for the image:

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1041276455.JPG

[post editted to replace url with another]

kimgkimg

Newly Enlightened
Vincent,
No your photo comes up as "Photo Not Available". I was over at Wally World yesterday looking for this but didn't see anything like it. I went over to their flashlight dept, car center (where they had the keychains), electronics dept, and believe it or not jewelry dept. Where in the store did you find yours?

kimgkimg

Newly Enlightened
Your photo URL comes up with the same "Photo Not Available" as well. You might want to post it somewhere other than photo.net.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by kimgkimg:
Your photo URL comes up with the same "Photo Not Available" as well. You might want to post it somewhere other than photo.net.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for heads-up.

I've changed the image url - hopefully you can now see it.

http://www.network54.com/Realm/tmp/1041276455.JPG

It's a temporary image area that will expire in about a week - on Jan/6/03

As for finding the lights - at my local Wal-Mart they were on a vertically cascading hanging display on a corner of an aisle - not at the flashlight section but closer to the automobile section - (it was next to the tire selection video display which was at the end of an aisle)

kimgkimg

Newly Enlightened
Okay, thanks Vincent, I'll look for them again tonight. Image still isn't show up, BTW...

kimgkimg

Newly Enlightened
Vincent,
Okay, this is weird. All the links that you have posted are do not show the photo, but now the photo shows up on your first posting in this thread. Thanks for the effort!