Eddie Bauer Triple-E

Russell

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a Eddie Bauer Triple-E flashlight and I can say that it is the brightest LED flash I've seen. It beats my Lightwave 4000 CMG reactor and such. I will post pics of this interesting find later tonight. Found it at target for 25$ and it is of real high quality except for the switch. The LEDS are AMAZINGLY bright. It's like double Luxeon LEDS. Pics coming shortly.

sotyakr

Enlightened
It looks like some of the "Eddie Bauer" brand products sold at Target are actually supplied by Coast Cutlery. Here's an article about Coast and link to their LED lights.

kodiak

Enlightened
icon3.gif
I have been looking at that light for months now. I could not bring myself to buy it (that does not happen often). But if it is as bright as you say I will go buy it tomorrow.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Russell,

I had also been spying that same light at Target (silver alum body w/flared head + 3 LED's), but resisted the temptation to buy until I could at least determine the battery type and number of cells it uses. Could you enlighten me on this, please?

I was rather impressed with its seeming brightness in the store (still inside package no less...), and tried to learn more from the website, but to had no luck. Also saw what appeared to be the same thing in a headlamp version.

Please, do tell more about your new light!

John

Russell

Newly Enlightened
The beam is nice and tight and circular with a good throw to it. CMG can't compare to it nor my lightwave 10 led light.

jmm

Newly Enlightened
The EB tripples are solid brass underneath that "aluminized" power coating. Take it off and polish one up and its a real "looker". Like any 3 LED, 3N cell light however, the high initial brightness doesn't last for long.

John

dangee

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the flashlight a couple of months ago because of the coolness factor. nowhere on the packaging does it state the cell size, and to me it looked like it may take 2 aa cells. but it does indeed take 3 n cells and the output was bad enough for me to take it back for a refund. very blue/purple beam and maybe slightly brighter than the arc aaa. while the color did not influence me to return it, the cost of the n cells compaired to the light output did. i belive this is made in china. very limited writing on the package.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hi there !

it seems to me that you are talking about the German LedLenser Series lights becoming available under different names worldwide right now.

see this thread for more info and pics and beamshots:
LedLenser thread

and yes, their 3 LED lights are quite bright compared to others and they do use n-cells.
Craig has reviewed a few of those (see link above).
smile.gif

bernhard