Can you 'write' on a CDR?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you \'write\' on a CDR?

There is alot of marketing around the new process of 'writing' a 'label' on DVD's with the burner itself. I remember hearing that you can also 'write' on the info side of CDR's with certain burners. Has anyone heard of the later??? what drives will it work on, and is there software around that can do this with other drives. I am making VCD's of TV shows and this takes up roughly 550-600 Meg, this would leave enough space around the outer edge to 'print' the show title.
Does anyone know if this is possible with run-of-the-mill burners, or is it special equipment?
TIA
Jeff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: Can you \'write\' on a CDR?

[ QUOTE ]
WildRice said:
There is alot of marketing around the new process of 'writing' a 'label' on DVD's with the burner itself. I remember hearing that you can also 'write' on the info side of CDR's with certain burners. Has anyone heard of the later??? what drives will it work on, and is there software around that can do this with other drives. I am making VCD's of TV shows and this takes up roughly 550-600 Meg, this would leave enough space around the outer edge to 'print' the show title.
Does anyone know if this is possible with run-of-the-mill burners, or is it special equipment?
TIA
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Yamaha "DiskT@2" (Disk tattoo) unit that can write text and images on the data side of the disc. It works on any of the cyanine-based media (dark blue). It cannot write over an existing data track, and once an image is written to the unused portion of the data tracks, no further information can be written.

It seems to be a discontinued product. They suddenly vanished from store shelves last year. Glad I bought one before they disappeared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif