How did YOU find CPF?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is an interesting topic. I found CPF while surfing the net for reviews of the Nuwai Q III. I even remember the thread I found when I clicked the link. It was called "Talk me out of buying 50 Q III's". The person bought them if I remember correctly.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surfing and finding the very beginning traces of the Thor. I saw it on Cabela's website (a loooong time ago) and did a google search. One of the links was avery small thread (at the time. grew to about 45 pages) that was started by Topper about the Thor. I'm pretty sure that was the first Thor thread. Anyway, that brought me to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rebus

Enlightened
I was in the Gadgets forum on Bladeforums.com
and read about the amazing Arc AAA and Infinity AA.
They linked me to CPF.
Overnight I stopped collecting knives and started
collecting Led flashlights.

-Rebus

cslinger

Enlightened
I am a gun guy and by our nature gun guys tend to be light guys as well. Hell we all just want cool toys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was pointed here from various gun forums.

Chris

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif..........

Oh, I was minding my own business one day when 2 strange "Men in Black HA3" suits walked in my door (yes they did not bother knocking)...and the instructed me to access the internet, sign up/log in to CPF and spend THOUSANDS of dollars on things that light up!....or ELSE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif....Actually I got here through the link on Quickbeam's review site. It's all his fault! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

ob1

Newly Enlightened
google /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif I was looking for some good flashlights to take with me to Iraq

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A thread like this seems to pop up every six months or so.
I was told about CPF by Brock N. in early-August 2000, and I registered a week or ten days later.

code09

Enlightened
One of my buddies told me about it...i lurked for awhile, and then registered

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I found CPF while searching the internet via Google. I was looking for LED flashlight information.

(And I found it! Heh.)

VOORinNY

Newly Enlightened
SilverFox introduced me while I was visiting my daughter and grandson last Christmas.

He recently advised me about possible nightlights, they both arrived in the last couple of days -- the PALight has yet to be tried! Too much daylight.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine told me about it, but Mr Bulk made me join before he would consider selling me a VIP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in the new white LEDs back in 2001, bought a Pelican and Streamlight Batonlite and disliked n cells or coin cells. Left Korea and headed back to Texas in 2002 and read a note at hardocp.com that a new LED required a heat sink!

Decided to sniff around for Lumileds Luxeon LEDs and found the LED Museum then started reading. Lurked for a few weeks and registered. My first Luxeon was a BB500 modded minimag/kroll tail switch and I thought I hit the top of the heap back in November, 2002. Been at CPF (and blowing money) ever since.

newo

Newly Enlightened
I also found it through a reference on the Gadgets forum at Bladeforums.com.

Malpaso

Enlightened
I Googled "A2 reviews". That was a couple hundred dollars ago.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
A thread like this seems to pop up every six months or so.
I was told about CPF by Brock N. in early-August 2000, and I registered a week or ten days later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe this thread or one like it needs to be a sticky.........
Also the one about how many forum members does it take to change a light bulb would be good for a sticky.
That way, the information would be much easier to find later. Also ppl that haven't posted such before would have a nice place to do it.

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
I, like several others, was doing a search for led lights. I came up with something called an Arc AAA. Fairly new at the time too! I lurked for quite a while, then finally registered. My paycheck has never lasted as long since!

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock's page or Flashlight reviews. When I first got here, it was just amazing, that this whole site was just about lights, amazing.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I blame that jcciv fella, his comment about using the KL4 on a single-cell power pack "some people have done it".. just when I was trying to decide whether to get a KL1 for my E1e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Finding those "some people" has proved to be my downfall. A year later, I now have BOTH the L4 (complete L4), the KL1, the E1e, 18 other lights from 2 to 1600 lumens, and two whole boxes of keychain lights. Yeah you people have REALLY done it now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif