Good keychain light

Bradlee

Enlightened
Finally giving in to the appeal of flashaholism /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, my sister has realized that a Mag Solitaire is not sufficient for a keychain light. She is looking for something brighter. I haven't been arround here for that long, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

I probably can't convince her to spend more than $35 or so USD. I'm thinking maybe an infinity task light or perhaps the smaller Gerber Sonic - something that takes a "standard" battery.

Any suggestions?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Good Single AA light

there are a couple of threads about AA lights. let me get them for you.
Link 1
Link 2

Bradlee

Enlightened

Thanks Mags. I would suggest some of these lights to my sister, except that most of them take 2 or more AA's.

Perhaps I should refine my question to a good single AA/AAA light for use on a keychain. I think a microlight would be too big, and so I'm looking for something comperable to a Mag Solitaire.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

We need to know more about what you need in this light. Runtime? Brightness? Durability? Price?

Bradlee

Enlightened

A price of about $35 USD is about the limit of what I could convince my sister to spend. A comprimise of runtine and brightness would be good. Since I am looking for a light to run off cheap AAA's or AA's, an hour and a half or so (or more) of runtime would be fine. Durrability is not really an issue - don't necesarily need a HA III light.

Bradlee

Enlightened

Thanks a lot Davide and Donovan! I hadn't been considering some of those lights, which would work great. The 0.5W Nuwai is pretty appealing for its size and power.