Has CPF ever been on the news?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since our hobby is so strange and unique to others, and there is a chance some non-flashaholics stumble upon our website, has CPF ever been on the news? I could imagine the reporters... Has it ever happened?

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope not!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif I have dealt with the "media" on a couple of serious occasions and they NEVER get things straight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
To most other people, we are freaks. I mean, does anybody here have friends and family that don't think flashlights shouldn't cost more than $10? When I tell people how much my X990 cost they almost have to change their underwear...

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
To most other people, we are freaks. I mean, does anybody here have friends and family that don't think flashlights shouldn't cost more than $10? When I tell people how much my X990 cost they almost have to change their underwear...

[/ QUOTE ]

True but when I hear how much some one spends on...a watch ...clothing...shoes.....pets.....handbags...sporting equipment...green fees....Dubs..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif... what I am saying is most of us choose something that we enjoy and spend a lot on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is one of the basis's of a successful "capitalist society". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me neither, but I remember it was positive.

I also remember that one of our LEO members was on an episode of C.O.P.S.

I think it was Dano.

greenLED

Flashaholic
This was on a couple of months after I joined. Unfortunately the original link is no-more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, here's a quote from that thread: [ QUOTE ]
"
Apropos of last week's note on LED flashlights, reader Al Hearn points us to the definitive forum, auction and customization (!) site for LED flashlights, www.candlepower forums.com. Hey, anyone who's into "custom Mclux Lights I, fully Titanium Nitride Plated sporting a wicked bright 5W emitter and DB1000 converter" to paraphrase a recent post, is very cool in my book."

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I want to say that there was a link to CPF from an online story about the nutjobs that were pointing lasers at airliners a few months ago.